Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it is insane how many fakeouts they do on Aerith's status in the ending sequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have a lot to sort regarding what has happened and what has meaningfully changed with Rebirth

what did defeating Sephiroth in a cosmic void at the end of either game actually accomplish other than ending both games with a big JRPG finale? why do they insist on doing that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In the first one it got rid of a bunch of ghosts.

In the second one not much.

there are so many more ghosts now! there's a whole new kind! it didn't do poo poo!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why did they change how the temple of the ancients is the black materia and Aerith says it's fake but then it's not

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Weasling Weasel posted:

I was mostly settled on the conclusion that this worlds Aeirth is dead and impossible to bring back, until I reflected one line that was bugging me. After the team up with Zack, when Sepiroth splits the worlds up mid battle, Zack's last instruction to Cloud before they're seperated is "Cloud! Save her", which obviously all takes place after Prime Aerith is stabbed by Sephiroth. Why would he tell the cloud (and the player) to save her after the event of the death, if she was already unsaveable?

It'd be weird to put it in at situation where Aerith's fate is already decided.

Zack at this point knows something crazy is going on, that for some reason other people know Cloud as a capable fighter even though he only just blew into town with him, and that he knows Aerith and seems to have some kind of a relationship with her. I think he does say that to Cloud meaning to save Aerith, and the main point of it is to add to the player's tension regarding whether they'll go through with having Aerith appear dead at the end

now as for Part 3, I think it's possible they introduce to the narrative a way through which she can be brought back. I think it's also possible that they keep Cloud and Tifa separated from Zack and Aerith so they have neat little pairs, but then, I feel like they'd have had her talk more about him or have her interact with him in the ending sequence

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Zack has a relationship with Aerith because he dated her until he was kidnapped by Hojo. That was true of FF7

yeah, buddy. I'm talking about in Rebirth, the one the next game will be in direct conversation with.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zack is genuinely the only nice guy on Gaia or whatever they wanna call it and he's goofy as poo poo. he's a grown up Sora in the dourass FF7 world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol I genuinely did not know he was in BbS