Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
do you play as cid and vincent? I haven't seen any footage of how they play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
im going to trash my cousin's ps5 in disgust

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Loved the entire ending sequence, Square's boss encounter design on this type of action blend FF titles finally caught up to KH's and surpassed them. Plus the whole ending is so bittersweet and touching. This whole FF Rebuild rules and going by how they handled the three decade long desire to see Aerith saved, only to reinforce the themes of the original again, perfect.

Spermando posted:

So the ending was basically this.

The guy on the other forum keeps insisting that there is no such thing as alternate timelines. It's a huge misunderstanding introduced in the localization. And that no-one who played it in English got the very subtle message that Sarruf is Rufus.

lol whats their take, that in nihongo time is the same word as world or smth? Like, one of the scenario writers is from the FF8 and you can tell

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 13, 2024

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Spermando posted:

He published his take here. Use Google Translate or something because it's a real wall of text:
https://areajugones.sport.es/videojuegos/te-explicamos-en-detalle-el-final-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth/

Edit: To summarize, Stamp's soul has a nasty case of breed dysphoria.

This makes a lot of sense, there's a lot in the game to support this reading like the dream motiff, the ammount of already vritual reality in the dream/real worlds too and while I can read Spanish but I didnt see any mention of localisation issues in it

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I don't think it's literal vr but a metaphor, where it's all a dream but also all is real because of the nature of the lifestream, and we're all compressed into those seven seconds sefi said at the end of remake. The semantics only matter for bridging the concepts, because they are alternate worlds and they're not at the same time

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's kinda bs square hide the best option behind a clear game save, the auto pick up materials

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the whole bit on aeris' dreamworld was already moving enough that I thought they werent going to do the alter sequence too, because that shot of pushing cloud down and sefirot coming in the church? Kino

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I don't think he lost his mind so much as he's opened Kingdom Hearts and realised what the lifestream was, but in doing so lost touch with the current reality. All of it will come to head in the sequel and land on a similar endnote to the ending of ff7 og when he's holding Tifa and they go "let's go see her"

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's Rebuild of FF7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's not a reunion it's a homecoming