Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In Intergrade Zack runs to the church and opens it up to be like "Aerith :D?" and everyone is crying

Was that retconned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

At the end of the game I didn't feel much because temple of the ancients sucked as a dungeon and I was sick of it by the time it was over as I just wanted that poo poo done, and then just generally being confused during the whole of 14.

But now that I slept for a bit and thought about it I think I like it. And I'm sad. Sinking in that sassy brat Aerith is gone now.

Back in the day when I played FF7 I didn't know what was normal for RPGs, I mean I played X, went and played a few of the classics but nothing really sunk in. I somehow got to the North Crater at level 35 and just got hardwalled there by the encounters and just couldn't grind or do anything so I gave up and 'eh nothing about this games plot is doing much for me'. It's weird just how little I cared to the point that if I didn't have my old memory card I wouldn't of thought I even played it.
Yet here I am in part 2 of 3 just feeling empty and sad for Aerith despite everything and dying to know what happens next. Like man, she was the key to such light hearted moments that I worry that part 3 will be much more serious than the silly stuff all throughout this game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think I finally get the ending and why they skipped the laying to rest scene.

In the final battle once it starts everyone in the party is pissed off because Aerith is dead and they all start with their limit fully charged- except Cloud.
From what I gather it isn't lifestream Aerith but him perceiving the timeline where he DID save her, so he's not sad and his concern about her going home alone is legit. It's why he's seeing the rip in the sky and whatnot as his mind is split between the two paths. I'm fairly certain when he gets hit with the baja blast he'll have to come to terms with the funeral and it'll happen then. He's just, as everyone knows, completely hosed in the head.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Aerith died but Aeris lived

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

watching the ending again, least Aeriths death and man, I actually like the concepts of whispers and whatnot but showing them doing donuts around cloud takes a lot out of it I feel

E: also realized the cuts of cloud talking while holding her body is most likely the 'she will never get angry, laugh' speech

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 19, 2024

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only thing that really bugs me to all of this is Hojo

He is *comically* evil from wanting dog loving to turning people into mushroom zombies and keeping horrors unspeakable. Every scene with him is the party disgusted at him, or the Shinra heads going 'god gently caress you Hojo you're so creepy"
Why is he even employed??? Dude's literally cackling in the helicopter about the end times and Rufus is just like 'yeah I guess I'll keep bankrolling this crazy person'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's funny when Zack see's a giant balling meteor his reaction is just 'what the gently caress' and when he's sucked into the floor he's just 'haha seeya'

I'm not even sure if he jumped to his death in the Biggs timeline really. He's just a wacky dude.

Also I wonder if the sub will be kept. I mean the track record is pretty good but it wasn't in the gold saucer, only the coming soon snowboarding game was

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not sure if it's been discussed much but I think the Weapons are interesting for a few reasons.
1: They can carry people in the materia (kinda doubt it'll happen again) and release them freely- like one of them ate Tifa to show her the lifestream early, makes me wonder why a weapon would want to do that
2: Sephiroth actually struggled to injure one, like actual scowl and 'poo poo I need both hands' and even then he couldn't kill it just put a nick in it's fin.
3: They bleed Whispers of both white and black when cut

I don't really get the ending scene with them just going 'piss off ghosts' but it may just be that really.

Also noticed that Sephiroth never talks to anyone but Cloud- and finally Aerith in the temple where he and her get into a verbal argument and Aeriths voice becomes echo-y and booming and she starts glowing green for some reason (it is never addressed why was she glowing). Sephiroth in general is just really interesting to me. In Remake if you got Tifa in the fight vs him he'll utter 'Garbage' under his breath or something similar, and dude has it mad out for her specifically all through this game

E: Just to make sure people remember Red and Aerith at the hotel under Junon right? How the whispers were sapping Aeriths brain while sapping Holy too? It wasn't dropped really, the whispers just stole it from her taking the foresight away

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 26, 2024

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I know it's like, storytelling and all but thinking about Dyne and laughing really hard again

Dude shot up the Gold Saucer's security team and can't hold his daughter anymore with all the blood on his hands while Barret's standing there like 'bro don't ask me about the first game and up till now"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I need to ask, I've been forgetting to but whats the green energy whirl above fights.

For the longest time I thought it was Aerith casting a spell or something from the sidelines as people out of the party do attack and whatnot, but it kept happening even with her in the party. I thought maybe it was a lighting thing that was just... extra?? I guess?? But it shows up in well lit fights everywhere. It bugs me so much that none of my friends know what the deal with it is either

Also for the record this game has the most miserable trolls I've ever seen. Most people seem to react on stream pretty drat positive but there's always 2-3 people in chat screaming NO YOU CANT LIKE IT HOW DARE YOU and just *screaming*. Calebhart popped up on my youtube feed, as a example, and you can see him go 'this is awesome' and he has twitch chat displayed and it's just a handful of losers screaming at him for enjoying it

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 30, 2024

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McTimmy posted:

The green swirl is lifestream emitting when a fiend dissolves.

I've seen it before anything dies or at the very start of fights lingering around just floating overhead. I know they sparkle green and despawn/vanish but the big glowy orb is just kinda there

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I gotta say watching scenes back, when Tseng shoots Sephiroth the formers reaction is really funny

Just eyes wide open 'what the gently caress' getting cut off

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Actual thing came up when watching cutscenes. Zack and Biggs talk during the boat trip doesn't make a ton of sense to me as it can't just be 'oh it's a different timeline'

Biggs is from prime world where he and cloud met and cloud was a merc, while Zack just got done bringing him back to Midgar in his poisoned coma. The two conflict with each other in the same timeline as both couldn't have happened, so I'm a bit lost on if I'm overthinking or if that's just a unanswered hook.

Goes with Marlene knowing stuff I suppose

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Something else to bring up but in the mural chamber the WIZARDS are battling old knights and stuff, and the knights look like the Loveless actors, which is interesting enough on its own honestly, but when you go further in you see them fighting Ghost Jenova if you look away at the door to the next room Minerva from Crisis Core is there as a ghost and why is the super boss there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm genuinely curious to how game 3 is going to go in terms of scope. There's so much poo poo packed into Rebirth it needed two discs on console so when it comes to part three they're going to need to make a space biome, all the cities they missed, midgar in full (I assume) ontop of poo poo like the weapons and sister ray.

They already killed bone town or whatever that stupid place is, I can't help but wonder if Mideel will be skipped over and rolled into Corel with the doctor guy there.