Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, at this point it seems surprisingly unclear what's going on with Aerith, even if I'm leaning 90% of the way towards "she's dead in this timeline and that's her ghost or something." Personally I just kind of want to know what's up with Zack at the moment, if he somehow ended up in the Beagle/remake timeline or is he now in yet another doomed timeline or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

One thing I expected there to be a bit more payoff (and perhaps I missed it) was the whole dynamic between Cloud and Tifa and his false memories of Nibelheim. Specifically, Cloud isn't sure Tifa is real and Tifa knows Cloud's wrong about his memories but seems willing to cover for him as he becomes more and more unraveled. There ended up being a scene in Nibelheim where Cloud remembers who Zach is, and then imagines him as the trooper getting washed away to his death in the river. Cloud then tells Tifa she must've known this entire time and Tifa tells him yeah, she just didn't want to upset him and that they should totally keep it from Aerith until Tifa can find the right time to tell her.

I spent the entire game waiting for that to come back around as a reason for Cloud to not trust Tifa given this apparent lie after he either remembers a bit more about WHAT really happened, and feed into his delusion that Tifa isn't really who she says she is or whatever. I wonder if that'll come up in the third game with the big ole "Tifa puts Cloud's psyche back together" sequence?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

ImpAtom posted:

Tifa tells Aerith, if you get either of their dates you see it.

That's what I get for getting the bro date with Barrett! Thanks for that, I'll go back and watch those.