Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Just finished last night, and after sleeping on the ending, I'm in the "Well, let's see how they pull it together in part 3" camp, as I am just as confused at this point of the story as I was in the original.

Other than that, game very good.

sure okay posted:

I mean I won't die on this hill but it seems off to me that anyone high up in Shinra is there out of merit. Rufus is given the head job by daddy, and both Heideggar and Palmer are shameless boot licking sycophants. Rufus seems to enjoy Scarlet's callous advice and sadistic sensibilities.

Yeah, I bet they aren't complete morons (aside from Palmer), but Shinra as even moderately meritocratic seems like a stretch.

I mean, that psycho Middle Manager apparently makes enough to design his own tournament arcs with rare monsters from around the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jetrauben posted:

Worse yet, it's not that he just designed it, isn't it implied he beat it?

The Middle Manager is a force to be reckoned with.

Man, why even bother making SOLDIERS? Just gotta have people be depressed desk jockeys who finally snap and realize Real Ultimate Power.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jimbot posted:

People talk about all this weird stretches of logic and unable to buy into all these things. I just shake my head at them, pitying them for their cynicism. But that point? It stretches my incredulity to Pluto.

I mean, almost everything we know about Lucrecia is from her emo crush/stalker, right? Maybe she was a total freak that was down with Hojo's stupid plans, and Vincent was just pining right outside of view of her doctorate in Crimes Against Nature?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Rand Brittain posted:

It would certainly have been creepier, but I think it's kind of core to Rebirth's way of doing things that you can't just throw the same mysteries at people that they now know the answers to, and expect the same reaction. They've been pretty consistent in throwing a twist in every time something like that comes up.

It's honestly kinda more sinister, too. "Yeah, you used to live here, but you don't anymore. Buy some potions and hit the road, we're busy with all these black robes that you've been tracking across the planet."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

bobjr posted:

I figure the Turks might kill Don Corneo next game, but maybe they'll keep him alive.

If anything can complete the heel face turn...

I mean, morally, yeah, the Turks suck so much, but if they put Corneo out in a way that isn't kill stealing, it'd go a long way in my book.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Clarste posted:

Yuffie is never considered normal by anyone.

No one bats an eye at her being a child soldier, at least.

The rest of it... Well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sindai posted:

I'm really confused about something: the game says there are different Gold Saucer dates in chapter 8, but there....aren't? When Cloud wakes up there's nobody at the door, and you go around alone and talk to different characters in each part of the saucer. I even used chapter select to go back and verify this is what happens. What am I missing?

I did every side quest and reloaded dialog choices if it sounded like I gave a bad answer. There's no way my relationships weren't high enough.

You come back to the gold Saucer a second time towards the end of the game.