Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

You're out $20.
Bummer.

How much bigger/longer is rebirth compared to remake?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that's fair. If it doesn't stick the landing for you, it doesn't. I honestly am not big on the meta-stuff but I do like the "Cloud's hosed up brain" stuff, so it kind of evens out to me more than Remake which was just the meta stuff. In general I like Rebirth playing up how absolutely hosed in the head Cloud is, it's one of my favorite elements of the original.
All I've allowed myself to see is the very last scene with cloud and gang leaving on cid's plane and cloud saying farewell to other-aerith.

Did his clear materia turn black or does he also have the black materia? And if so, Why did his sword absorb it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

He also has the Black Materia. He puts the Clear one away and realizes he has the Black One. He shoves it into his sword and I assume that's just magic because the Black Materia is too big to fit in a standard slot. From what he says as he's doing it, it's implied he was mind-woogied into doing so and may not even realize he did it.
The...black materia that he already gave to sephiroth, or is this a second black materia?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWU3MzSiTs

The entire game is justified by this one scene
IT'S A PARTY TIME

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kalm Chapter question: After Cloud/Tifa's big fight, how long does Tifa stay mad at Cloud? After all, there IS the golden saucer date much later...