Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
One consistent thread between both Remake's multiverse bullshit and what has been rumored of Rebirth is that it's all very dumb and nonsensical and generally fits in with the sort of plot twists and meta-commentary that a teenager on fanfiction.net (or whatever the modern equivalent is) would think is super deep and profound.

I don't trust them to do anything particularly interesting or impactful with this plot (hence why I'm posting itt), but I'm sure the gameplay will be fun whenever the console exclusivity period ends and the honeymoon/breathlessness period is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It was a bit of an incendiary way of putting it, fair, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe Remake as "insanely on point" beyond just playing up the fact that Cloud is a dork who is merely larping as a high speed low drag special forces operator versus the original game where it was a bit more implicit (and also not helped by a really bad translation). There are plenty of other ways in which I think they missed the mark in Remake. Cloud's characterization is better, Aerith's is in my opinion worse although closer to what she was pre-Compilation, Sephiroth idk what they're doing but they're using him very differently to how they used him in the original and they haven't really given me any reason to believe that they're going to do something interesting with him.

Anyway the original was not exactly some literary masterwork but it did at least have some pretty solid themes and a mostly coherent plot that didn't fall back on rear end-pull cliches like parallel universes (or resurrection, which the message of the story made a point of repudiating).

I'm not saying that they have no plan, I'm saying that their plan probably isn't very good based on all the obsession over having a Shocking Twist!!. Plot twists are to story telling what jump scares are to horror.