Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

My wife has watched me (passively) play both FF7 Remake games and over time it's slowly won her over. She said if she were to do Bang/Marry/Kill Cid would be her answer for all three, she appreciates Barret for being non-toxic masculinity, loves Tifa and Aerith's friendship, Red XIII is her favorite, and has come around to Cloud once realizing he was a tryhard dork cosplaying as a stoic badass and not just a generic stoic badass.

She even got a little choked up towards the end, which is odd because that's usually me (to be fair I also got choked up).

She wants to play through the games as soon as she gets sick of Baulder's Gate 3, which is perfect because by that point part 3 will have come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

After sitting in it, I’m really happy with how the ending shook out overall.

When I got to the end I was really found myself thinking’please let Aerith survive’ because I’d gotten really attached to her and I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to her, like others have said I all but cheered when Cloud parried only to have her die anyway was a real gut punch.

I honestly feel like something’s going to be missing going into part 3 without her but I have to go on anyway, which if that doesn’t nail the theme of the OG game I don’t know what will.

I could have used a bit more time to process it before going into a boss gauntlet but seeing everyone’s reactions, Tifa’s especially, really got emotionally in a way I didn’t think I could get from a game anymore

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Edit: Wrong FF7 thread. Disregard.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Can't wait to play the button pressing mini game during the Cloud/Tifa scene under the highwind

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Biggs was too rugged handsome to stay in the existing universe, and had to be transported to another and left with a look-alike, just like the real Charlie Sheen in our universe.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I really appreciated and thought it was real sweet that when Tifa got knocked into the Lifestream void, Aeirth was one of the visions she saw.

Like of course her father and her two surrogate fathers would be there, but it was really sweet that she saw her bestie too. :3:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I'm very curious to see what Cid and Vincent's gameplay gimmicks are going to be.

Like, I'd say they'd give Cid some kind of Dragoon ability, but the Jump materia already exists, so I don't know if they'd just give him Jump as something inate, or maybe something pilot related.

And then with Vincent, I'm really excited to see those transformation limit breaks. Give me that high definition Hellmasker and Frankenstein transformations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

It's very funny to think about that Queen's Blood is a world wide phenomenon complete with it's own Yu-Gi-Oh backstory full of evil cards and death, and not a single person in Midgar, the biggest metropolis in the world, plays it. It'd be like if in the 90s no one in New York City knew what Pokemon was. Maybe that's what got the stick out of Shinra Middle Manager's rear end, he takes one vacation and discovers the world is full of card games.

Then again, maybe it did exist, but you couldn't play it because Cloud was still too up his rear end in his fake cool guy persona to take up Magic the Gathering.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Part 3 should have Vincent and Hojo settle things once and for all with the most dramatic game of queen's blood of all time.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I can't believe the company that is sucking the literal soul out of the planet to fund it's own private army and uses the souls of the dead to sell people Electricity would employ an evil wacko to be their lead scientist

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Part 3 is going to introduce Aeirth's long lost sister Jaerith, who oddly enough has all of Aerith's OG moves and stats and even voice.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You can speak only for yourself. I have yet to see any universal dislike of the ending, only anticipation for what happens next part 3.
Are these 'most dislike' in the room with us?

My only criticism of the ending is the lack of this scene for the corresponding world/timeline

I really expect to see this scene in particular in part 3.

For what it's worth the ending got me emotionally. I knew what was coming with Aerith, but I didn't want to go forward because I'd become so attached to her and wasn't ready to say goodbye.

It wasn't perfect, I could have used a bit more time to digest it rather than running straight into a boss rush mode, but overall I was really pleased with it, and it got me to feel the overall emotions they were going for.

Tifa misses her BFF, and I'm heartbroken for her.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Looking at the bestiary I forgot how many FF7 monsters are just straight up Resident Evil monstrosities.

The Jenovas you fight in this game would look right at home in a John Carpenter or David Cronenberg movie.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm just upset that Aerith said goodbye at the end. I would be much more excited about part 3 if I knew I was in for invisible Aerith (that only Cloud can see) was giving a running commentary on the plot going forward.

Finally Ghost Trick 2

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Really interested to see how they go about having Cloud spend 1/3 of the last game pretty much comatose.

Talking about the game again really just reminds me how much the main cast just get run through the ringer, Cloud and Tifa especially. Things are just so often poo poo for just everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Coreno and his lackeys are like the Turks where there's a bit of inconsistent tone with them. Like on the one hand they're these goofy almost Team Rocket esque goofballs who provide silly commentary on Cloud's fights and have their balls threatened to be crushed by Aerith, but then you remember they're all are a group of creepy sex-traffickers who take advantage of people at their lowest.

I'm looking forward to Corneo getting his final comeuppance in part 3.