Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I expect the next game to continue the 7R strat of having changes and additions not really impact the general direction of the narrative, but a lot of the stuff coming up in Part 3 isn't super iconic (basically just Wutai, return to Midgar, Junon escape & Repairing Cloud's Brain) so I expect they could slot Zack and Aerith doing stuff into like any of the Weapon or Huge Materia things without causing much friction. Biggs too I guess, considering he also escaped death.

you forgot the snowboarding section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harrow posted:

I'm fully expecting the final Omnislash confrontation between Cloud and Sephiroth will be replaced with Sephiroth receiving a three-way smackdown from Cloud, Zack, and Aerith

After all, Remake recreated that scene with just Cloud, and Rebirth did it again with Cloud and Zack. Naturally, that means we're adding a third in part 3, and c'mon, that's gonna be Aerith, right? Like whether she's alive or a lifestream force ghost or a meta-entity or whatever.

As long as she brings the steel chair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fedule posted:

Feel like they'll just forget about Cid smoking. It was a Thing but the only things that really hinged on it were one comedic limit break animation which could be replaced with literally anything else and one brief gag during the ending when he gawps so hard at Holy that his cigarette falls out of his mouth. In a fight between that stuff and avoiding a rating change I feel like avoiding the rating change would win. Sadly.

I don't think there's anything sad about the removal of smoking from mass media in general tbqh. There are other ways to get the same point across without also effectively giving free advertising to cancer sticks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SyntheticPolygon posted:

An extended tightly choreographed QTE sequence with multiple variations like the Parade.

It'll be the 3d brawler minigame but with a tighter time window and jiggle physics

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aerith is going to return to the party on a full time basis before the end of the game so you can use her in post game stuff

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think that Aerith could already somewhat see between the timelines in the same way Sephiroth can and that the stuff that happened between the end of chapter 13 and the end of the game gave Cloud that ability as well. Or maybe refined it much better than before since some of the flashes he would get in remake and rebirth were from things that hadn't happened yet, not his fractured memories. It would make sense that Cloud's connection to Sephiroth could also carry over that ability, even in an imperfect form.

I saw someone point out somewhere that like a month before rebirth came out they patched remake to specifically change the line Aerith says about the sky at the very end of the last cutscene before the credits roll and that it might indicate that she can see the same tear that Cloud sees at the end of Rebirth.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

Tifa tells Aerith, if you get either of their dates you see it.

More specifically, she tells her that he remembers Zack but that he still got the "sequence" wrong. Or at least implies that part, I think.

It's a little crazy to me that Tifa hasn't quite put together how Cloud was able to remember all this (or at least they haven't shown that she has) but I suppose she has much more pressing issues to worry about.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Turdfuzz posted:

Anyway, I have a question. Haven't read the thread yet, sorry, but I wanted to be raw and apparently this is the thread where I don't have to add spoiler poo poo.

Did anyone else interpret Cloud's actions during Aerith's death scene to be the creation of another world?
Sephiroth tells him earlier, "When the boundaries of fate are breached, new worlds are born."
I interpreted her death scene as a new reality being created. Like, Cloud, whether through sheer force of will or the Lifeforce (his sword DOES glow green), managed to defy/breach fate by saving Aerith, and created another world where she lives in the process? I mean, she thanks him for what he did in the last boss fight.

This is a pretty common theory going around yeah. You will generally find theories boiling down into two camps: "Aerith is alive somewhere" and "No she's not"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aerithga

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jetrauben posted:

I still think it's because there's not multiple versions of these characters per se, there's one version who keeps getting made to go through these experiences again and again. Sort of an "oversoul" or essence of the character who gets incarnated repeatedly. It's the same way that Cloud subconsciously remembers the events of the original game at times. Zack experiences each timeline and fated death in sequence, and just refuses to give up, that's why he's on the verge of despair when he sees Biggs go down and the same fate of a bunch of Shinra soldiers about to gun him down as happened in the original ambush outside Midgar and then at the Shinra Building foyer.

I also doubt we've actually seen the last of Biggs. The Remake has established the interior of the Lifestream as a place where events meaningfully happen. Someone being dead in the world of the living does not mean they're out of action.

it's funny because people kept joking that this was FF7 Horizon on launch but it's actually Xenoblade 3, just nobody realizes it because it was a switch exclusive so nobody played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeathChicken posted:

It's funny since the timeline Zack doesn't choose in that scene seems to literally wipe itself out as he passes it. Then he turns up in it anyway

It doesn't wipe itself out, the rainbow signifies a divergence in the timeline. It's creating a new one, not wiping it out. When you get to the scene where he's talking to Biggs in the reactor, the bag of chips has a different Stamp than the one in the universe where Zack goes to the Shinra building.