Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Refused posted:

Finally finished this and I loved 95% of it. It's an expansive, legit 100 hour RPG in a way Final Fantasy hasn't been in a long rear end time. Best FF since the PS2 generation at least, great battle system, sense of humor, visually amazing, all that stuff. But the ending just left me kind of cold. Pretty much all of Remake and Rebirth were leading up to this question of defying fate and what would happen with Aerith at the Forgotten Capital, and when it came time to answer the question it was presented in this weird obscurative way that denies any emotional impact in the moment because you don't really know what the gently caress is going on. After the credits roll I think it seems clear she died (minus any multiverse bullshit) and Cloud is just too broke brained to accept it. Which, ok, but having to reason backwards and puzzle it out renders it kind of inert. Making it all about Cloud and his (mis)perception of things also takes away from Aerith going knowingly to her death and sacrificing herself for her friends and the planet and all that. Maybe they'll pay all of this off in Mideel in four years, who knows.

Same. I just finished last night and that's also how I felt. I was actually dreading getting up to that part because I expected to cry like a big baby but that whole time I was just like ???? until the very end and it hits when they play that song Aerith sang.

Rest of the game was really a great experience minus some parts that are pretty bad. Really not going to try and get high scores on chocobo flying, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Don't change the submarine minigame. Just keep it exactly as is and port it directly to 3. Or at least spruce it up a bit but keep the low poly graphics like the boxing game.

Just look at that perfection