Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

apparently tmobile isnt offering mls pass this year actually. ah well.

fwiw, it appears my subscription from last season doesnt expire until Saturday. Not sure if thats uniform or based on signup date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Weird, I saw some posts from people saying they asked T-Mobile reps and they said yes and I bought a code on eBay, so I figured that was true.

yeah, seemed some confusion but tmobile said today they aren't.

its only like 80 bucks (if you have apple+) so whatever i don't mind paying

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

pretty soft path to a concacaf champions slot now!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Correct, thats the plan

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

mls vs liga mx seems like the optimal all star game format for the time being. its fun, has a built in narrative and incentives to sort of care and gets away from the inherent weirdness that is an actual club playing against all stars

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i'd rather win the concacaf champions cup than mls cup so no. also winning concacaf cup this year gets you an invite to the u.s. based expanded 2025 club world cup, which i know a lot of people are going to hate on but i think its gonna be fun as hell

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ratings were also anemic for literal decades, especially on fox sports, its not like there's evidence people were stumbling into MLS games on accident channel surfing, to the extent anyone does that anymore. If you actually want to deliberately watch it, the product is so much better now.

My beef continues to be stacking the matches heavily on Saturday nights - if you go to a game, or if you just go out on a Saturday because you do anything but watch mls at home, you've effectively missed the match week for most of the league. Pretty much every other major league and sport is moving the opposite direction of spreading games to more games and times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the u22 and gam changes are good, theyre incremental changes but its also midseason so not like they're going to do anything too dramatic. The u22 portion is effectively going to expand the mls effort to buy up young south american talent which sounds good to me. If (and its a big if) teams actually use all these slots it would inject a pretty good amount more young talent into the league

maybe it suggests bigger changes during the offseason, maybe not.