Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Cannibal Smiley posted:

So, I painted this Gluttony, the Bubonic One resin print, from Dark Gods - and I don't know why, but I don't like how it turned out. The oil wash did a lot to punch in some nice shadows, especially on the back, but it feels a bit like visual mush. (I have to 3D print a backdrop while I'm thinking about it, because the paints in the background aren't doing the picture any favors either.) I don't know what would make it look better. Any ideas?

I second punching up the highlights, especially on the yellow buboes, eyes, anything bone colored and the tongue. Maybe some select green edges on top, especially around the face since that's your natural focal point on him for the eye. I might even do a small wash of something purple or blueish around the buboes; just enough to make the flesh look distressed like flesh does around real buboes. I like to remember the old Inflammation symptom quarter from school for Nurgle models-calor/dolor/rubor/tumor (heat, pain, redness and swelling). Makes for good Nurgle names too.

Edit: the tummy maggots look just like the teeth from a distance too. Hmm, maybe a light wash of some kind of like green or reddish tint on them would help?

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is it a little sloppy? Yes; I need to figure out how to control my brush strokes a bit better. Probably related to my poor handwriting.

But is it done? Also yes

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Well, I wanted this guy to be done, but I see from these pics I need to do another round on the flamer tube and revisit the base- I can’t seem to find a muddy brown method I’m happy with.

Hey, it's still a great job on one of my favorite Ork models ever! The newer scheme works just as well on him as it does the current Orks, which speaks to just how well they nailed the aesthetic back then, I think.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just found the one I did for Orktober. Just a good fun time