Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Professor Shark posted:

Double Posting:

WIP shots of my Warboss, who I dropped today and had to reassemble before taking these shots (Left Arm is the only place it shows):

The fading I did on the red went more pink than I wanted, I’m going to try washing it with some Khorne to bring it back.

Looks badass!

This model brings back a ton of memories for me. I used to have the version of this model with the Attack Squig about 20 years ago. :') I was super proud of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Professor Shark posted:

I have the Attack Squig arm in my bitz box if you ever get the temptation to return to it and need sn arm! I also had this guy 25 years ago and couldn’t paint it the way I envisioned, so this has been a lot of fun for me!

Oh poo poo, I'll let you know! I appreciate it.
I do really love that old-school Necron skull hanging on this version. OG Necrons don't get enough love imo

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Bo-Pepper posted:

Still doin

He's lookin siick. some insane detail goin on

I have a soft spot for Ghazgkhull. I had the chonky metal one from 20 years ago, and he was my favorite model for most of my life lmao

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Z the IVth posted:

I painted some terminators

Blast from the past.

Him and his small adult son.

It's interesting to paint these minis that are products of design processes over 3 decades apart. The core design has clearly been carried over - there's the weird notch in the inner shoulder pad that's on the RT-era captain that has carried over to the newer models. The detail on the older model is definitely less well defined and much more flat, though there is certainly no shortage of detail - the skull-rivets and skull-codpiece are really something and there's are a few orders of magnitude more skulls in the RT captain compared to the modern guy.

Woah they look badass. Love the weathering

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
Finished putting on decals and varnishing a squad of Infernus Ultramarines, and I noticed a couple of them have some frosting here and there in the centers after putting on matte varnish. How can I avoid this?

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Eej posted:

Microsol is 5 bucks and turns decals into floppy things that will bend around a space marine shoulder perfectly

Yeah, I've recently been going apeshit with decals after getting my first bottle of microsol. It's truly incredible.

You don't need much, either. I've been using Q-tips as an applicator, and it's been a breeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
I know this is almost a year late, but I'm finally getting around to painting my Sternguard vets from the Leviathan box. My only problem is they have horrible mold slippage on their right pauldrons. I wouldn't mind too much if they weren't so egregious, and I didn't have to paint their trims white.

Is GW still allowing replacements for these errors?