Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SHE'S SO COOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mei is always cool. It's a universal truth of all Mihoyo games.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've also played New-kai and It's ok. It's still fun to explore in this style, and also Coralie is awesome

Sad I didn't get Sena from the gacha, yo-yoing doesn't get enough rep in the gaming world

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Does Coralie not have a Pri-Arm yet? I made Senadina's and Helia's but I only see a basic weapon craft for Coralie.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
She doesn't have one. It's just Blast Hammer for her which you get almost immediately from the story chapter rewards.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
On the bright side, this means it's pretty likely she'll get one later, possibly just as an upgrade to the blast hammer. So she's got one likely buff coming even if she doesn't get more battlesuits, which hopefully she will.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Allarion posted:

She doesn't have one. It's just Blast Hammer for her which you get almost immediately from the story chapter rewards.

I feel like I should be refunded for crafting it before I knew that....

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Elysia is so beautiful

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

and now the game is won at last

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sirin's not amazing until she ranks up a few times, sadly. She's solid once she does though.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

and now the game is won at last

You haven't REALLY won until you also farm her SSS rank and stigma and gacha her weapon and while you're at it use the coins from spending events to get her ELF too.
Yes I know Kiana and kind of Songque make the Sitin ELF technically obsolete but it's Sirin.

Somehow.

For some reason.

Hey is there a lore reason there's a Sirin ELF? Also Bella, Durandal, and Kiana?

Anyway the REAL Sirin Impact 3rd begins here.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm glad we got at least a Happy Sirin at some point even if she's in the Captain world

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm glad we got at least a Happy Sirin at some point even if she's in the Captain world

I forgot, how much Sirin is in Kiana?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
She technically is full Sirin jammed into a clone body of Kiana. Her mind just split into happy Sirin and mad Sirin. Clone Kiana isn't gonna have any Kiana in her when original Kiana is still alive as Durandal.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 6, 2024

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah HI3rd Kiana is Sirin and part of her revelation in Chapter 25 is that she's the Sirin who wanted a loving family and friends, who wanted to help protect others and the HoV is merely a reflection of the side of her that snapped under the pain and torture of Schicksal's experiments done to her. She is and always has been Sirin and received a second chance at life through being created as K-423. Durandal is the original Kiana Kaslana but because their lives diverged so heavily due to Otto, she still calls herself Bianka and Sirin has accepted herself as Kiana.

I should point out that this is only true of HI3 though. In GGZ Kiana and Sirin are entirely separate people, though they are pretty closely linked to the overall story of that game anyway. But even there Sirin gets a happy ending too and is currently one of the major characters in the current story even, acting as a mentor and counselor to the new protagonists.

The one constant between the three different Sirins (GGZ, HI3, Captainverse) is that they all suffer greatly, but also all end up with happy endings in some way or another. Which makes me wonder how Star Rail Sirin will be handled when she's inevitably introduced.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh I could actually get a lot of Sirin upgrades from the bp shop if I bought the pass...but then I started thinking about how due to tardiness / laziness, I don't even have Flamescion, let alone those last 3 suits for the main girl trio.

rough life!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 7, 2024

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

oh I could actually get a lot of Sirin upgrades from the bp shop if I bought the pass...but then I started thinking about how due to tardiness / laziness, I don't even have Flamescion, let alone those last 3 suits for the main girl trio.

rough life!

You can get a bunch of fragments weekly through the shop. It'll be slow but you'll eventually get SSS Sirin.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of Elysia have a framework to work with https://twitter.com/saltyAom/status/1769023361521484178

https://twitter.com/saltyAom/status/1776584929461100600

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Amazing. They referenced Arknights too with the Eden Treaty.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Selenephos posted:

Amazing. They referenced Arknights too with the Eden Treaty.

I thought that was a Blue Archive thing

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Doing Hot On The Trail and let me just say, I absolutely hate when older valks are just not allowed.

I do not want to use Sushang, I do not remember how to use Sushang, she is not as cool as Haxxor Bunny and I barely even have her unlocked.

But as long as Haxxor Bunny is unavailable, which is generally going to work better, assuming either Herrscher Of Reason or Herrscher Of Truth, plus either Pardofelis her Pri-Arm and stigma, or Sugary Starburst (Kira) with Eden's Pri-Arm and Pardo's stigma:

1. Trial S-Rank Sushang with all her stuff but her stigma are level 40
2. S-Rank Sushang with her pri-arm and level 50 Turgenev
3. The other one of Pardo and Kira, with Turgenev and either Pardo's pri-arm or Eden's pri-arm?

Also for Sushang, is "come in on QTE, hold attack for her special, then wep if available and ult" good enough?

I also noticed Fallen Rosemary not being allowed when I was looking at lightning teams, and while that is much easier for me to work around, isn't she a free reward for new players? Not allowing her seems mean.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
QTE in, weapon for SP, ult, charge attack and swap mid animation to the next person in rotation

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Captain France posted:

Doing Hot On The Trail and let me just say, I absolutely hate when older valks are just not allowed.

I do not want to use Sushang, I do not remember how to use Sushang, she is not as cool as Haxxor Bunny and I barely even have her unlocked.

But as long as Haxxor Bunny is unavailable, which is generally going to work better, assuming either Herrscher Of Reason or Herrscher Of Truth, plus either Pardofelis her Pri-Arm and stigma, or Sugary Starburst (Kira) with Eden's Pri-Arm and Pardo's stigma:

1. Trial S-Rank Sushang with all her stuff but her stigma are level 40
2. S-Rank Sushang with her pri-arm and level 50 Turgenev
3. The other one of Pardo and Kira, with Turgenev and either Pardo's pri-arm or Eden's pri-arm?

Also for Sushang, is "come in on QTE, hold attack for her special, then wep if available and ult" good enough?

I also noticed Fallen Rosemary not being allowed when I was looking at lightning teams, and while that is much easier for me to work around, isn't she a free reward for new players? Not allowing her seems mean.

Sushang is the res breach provider for the Ice teams so you can't really replace her with anything else without loosing massive amounts of damage. I would go for 1, B stigg not being maxed is annoying but she will still outperform everything else. Make sure to restart the rotation after sushang buff runs out since hoh ult can technically keep going for a while longer while doing very little damage.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
First of all thanks for the advice, immediately brought my Ice scores in this event up in line with everything else.

Second, wait Sushang is for resistance shred? Haxxor Bunny has a mix of resistance shred and buffing.

People always said Sushang power crept Haxxor Bunny so I skipped Sushang for Bronie because I like her more, but I'm sort of at the same place liking-wise for Sushang, Pardofelis, and Kira. If the DPS and Haxxor Bunny are set in stone (for other game modes), should I actually be using Sushang over Pardofelis or Kira, outside of the situations that specifically call for Kira? I have Sushang and Pardo's Pri-Arms, and Bastet TM, if that makes a difference. (Also Pardo and Kira are SSS but Sushang could be eventually)

Last time I looked, Hoyolab's math was all for using the most meta with little in the way of substitutions, so I sort of figured Haxxor Bunny and Sushang were basically interchangable besides Haxxor Bunny being easier to use and Sushang being a little stronger.

--edit
While I'm looking at Valks outside my comfort zone, I still haven't used my S-Ranker box.
I've got everyone offered besides Bright Knight Excelsius, Azure Empyrean, and some real early Valks I skipped. There's no real point in AE if I have Herrscher Of Truth, right? So I should probably take BKE for her Elysian Realm crystals and maybe try using her instead of either DPS Senti or Bringing Carole for stuff that wants Mech Physical?

--double edit
Also just to be clear to any Sushang Enjoyers, I don't really dislike Sushang, honestly I'd say the only playable character I actually dislike is Elysia. Sushang is just in the "sure" tier for me, while Haxxor Bunny is "I got the Star Rail Pass to get crystals to guarantee her in a completely different game and a time skip version of her is my #1 most wanted hypothetical character" tier for me. So when I thought all Sushang was really for was replacing Haxxor Bunny, that was a pass until they gave me a free copy.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 11, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gosh it feels painful to not have any of the last 3 Big Part 1 Suits

and I dont have Flamescion either! :smith:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Captain France posted:

First of all thanks for the advice, immediately brought my Ice scores in this event up in line with everything else.

Second, wait Sushang is for resistance shred? Haxxor Bunny has a mix of resistance shred and buffing.

People always said Sushang power crept Haxxor Bunny so I skipped Sushang for Bronie because I like her more, but I'm sort of at the same place liking-wise for Sushang, Pardofelis, and Kira. If the DPS and Haxxor Bunny are set in stone (for other game modes), should I actually be using Sushang over Pardofelis or Kira, outside of the situations that specifically call for Kira? I have Sushang and Pardo's Pri-Arms, and Bastet TM, if that makes a difference. (Also Pardo and Kira are SSS but Sushang could be eventually)

HB doesn't have elemental breach, in fact her kit has very few buffs and most of her power was in turgnev set that came with her, which is why turg ended up so insane and is still used as the budget option for SP valks. The supports that provide unconditional ele breach for ice are Sushang and AE, and Sushang is more of a replacement to AE since aside from breach she also has huge amount of ice damage taken, increased ice damage and normals/combo/burst damage buffs while Hotr replaced AE for lighting and fire teams.

Sushang and HB rarely go together since Sushang and modern Ice valks need the extra sp provided by kira/pardo to run properly but if you really want to force it it can work. I had some success with SW, Sushang and HB vs Ranged weather assaka since SW can still work without ulting every rotation and can do some quickswap rotations that help to capitalize on his shield broken state. Can also work ok vs abyss Kalpas,

Captain France posted:

--edit
While I'm looking at Valks outside my comfort zone, I still haven't used my S-Ranker box.
I've got everyone offered besides Bright Knight Excelsius, Azure Empyrean, and some real early Valks I skipped. There's no real point in AE if I have Herrscher Of Truth, right? So I should probably take BKE for her Elysian Realm crystals and maybe try using her instead of either DPS Senti or Bringing Carole for stuff that wants Mech Physical?

Ae is not really worth it at this point, if you have the Brick then dps Senti will outperform high rank BKE in almost every stage, if not its a toss up, full gear Susannah can also match bke in some mech favored stages, also BKE really needs abyss flower to do anything in the modern setting so if you don't have it then consider both AE and BKE an ER cristal supply pack.

Edit: SSS Susannah with pardo weapon and ely stigg set outperform both BKE without abyss flower and brickless hos in mech fights unless you need to break a big phys hp shield.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 11, 2024

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Well.
After noticing it was actually a Herrscher Of Human Abyss, I tossed Willows on Sushang to do Sushang/Haxxor/Pardo triple support instead of HoR/Haxxor/Pardo.

I am now finalizing into Redlotus.

May God have mercy on my fingers.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you're barely squeaking into RL you're in for a bad time lol

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Bleed vill v can be done in a lot of ways and people get confused by that fight so you might be able to retain redlotus with some effort.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Kinda surprised Thelema doesn't seem to have anything to do with Helia, with how often they have similar looking characters having some kind of ties to each other across the various games.

Zebia fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 13, 2024

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

AParadox posted:

Bleed vill v can be done in a lot of ways and people get confused by that fight so you might be able to retain redlotus with some effort.

Oh my god I have so many more options here than I thought if I want to try to grind my way to keeping trophies after having a little trouble with stage 1 and doing stage 2 and stage extra easily.

Like, my first thought was "She's Quantum, so I should use Susannah, Griseo, and probably Herrscher Of Rebirth but a lot of her power budget is in crit stuff so maybe Senti?"
Then I realized I forgot there's two Griseos, so I need to decide between Adult Griseo and Child Griseo, both with Child Griseo's TB and Adult's mid stigma.

THEN I noticed Luna was recommended, and clicked the boss info to realize BOSS VILL-V IS NOT QUANTUM.
So now Adult Griseo DPS and Luna Bleed are options too!

And then while I was trying Luna Bleed I was getting annoyed at how long Herrscher Of Truth takes to charge her ult without her weapon, and thought to swap in Fischl of all people, and my score got better. Still only 3546, but still.

And then while looking into some of the questions here I found out about the trick with giving Luna "extra lightning damage" affixes on her stigma, also noticed I have a lot of extra Pri-Arm mats so I leveled hers a bit extra because she is a very good hammer. Haven't gone and tried again yet because, as my cat keeps reminding me "on new ADHD meds" rear end, I should go eat.

Also while looking into that I saw the new Kira outfit leak on Marisa Honkai's channel. Kira has moved up from "yeah sure" for me. She snipes AND I can play as her in comfy pajamas?! gently caress yes.

Also Marisa Honkai is a good channel for guides, except that they put up guides before stuff is all the way out and are also pretty loose with leaks in general, so I'm not actually subscribed for fear of spoilers. (Speaking of which, I should play the new story chapter, but gameplay + music has been more appealing to my headspace lately and I also need to catch up on Star Rail.)
https://www.youtube.com/@MarisaHonkai

Anyway she has some weird stuff about her, but Bleed Vill-V is a good boss, it's really cool how many good ways there are to handle her.

Also, Luna and Vill-V fighting is a great soundscape. Chainsaws, gunshots, and two hot crazy ladies evil laughing at each other.

Edit--
Man, I wish I had a good calculator or something for this game. Marisa mentioned in their general guide that Carole with full gear is better than Prometheus without, and I like Carole better plus the rest of her gear is in the BP shop. But they don't have a Prometheus guide with that comparison, and nobody else seems to either. Might just yolo buy it, it's not like I need anything else with these yellow orbs I think.

Adhd ramble and edit tax: The fiend keeping me from gaming right now.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 13, 2024

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Luna and Susannah are the 2 best options for Vill v and since you have luna you have the answer for this fight, and like half of the content this game has..

Horb + one of the griseos are the optimal choice as phys bleed dps supports but you need to use a non standard stigg set on horb, like 'Susannah: overtime' T + Holmes/Beethoven M+ Holmes B or any of those + a spare Aladdin stigg pair, or a spare cez pair or just Mei full set. Senti as bleed support will also use those stiggs if you don't have horb.

You won't find many Promy vs Carole comparisons since by the time Promy released the generic phys dps sp support she had to compete with was small Griseo and Carole was not even in the consideration unless it was for that one Kallen abyss fight or SS MA 0 second kill strats. While Promy is a much better support but her signature weapon is really important for her but on the other hand Carole is kinda bad at breaking shields you run into nowadays. But if you're not interested in SW stuff or sirin frags then no reason not to get Carole's gear, I'm sure abyss Kallen will be back someday.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

AParadox posted:

:words:

Yeah, so far my best score has been about 570 with Luna@Handel, Adult Griseo@I don't remember but not her set, and Max Investment Fischl, oddly enough. I have HoTr with her stigma and Haxxor Bunny's weapon but she just wasn't working as well. Could have gotten a higher score if I hadn't been ignoring Eden for forever or didn't have Luna's QTE just loving randomly fail to work once on my best run, but oh well. ADHD hooking on a nice repetitive score attack aside, I don't really need to stick in Redlotus.

When Prometheus came out Carole was still used for shields and possibly Bio enemies, and also usually in general for me because I don't mind being one step behind the meta for characters I like. This is basically the first I'm hearing about Max Investment Carole being better in general than Prometheus without her gear, although I don't know how that compares to little Griseo with 3/4 of hers. But hell, I like Carole and have nothing better to spend these yellow orbs on so I might as well try it.

Well. Once the BP rolls over and I can get the 20th one.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I run Prometheus/Carole/Senti for shielded enemies or melee weather sometimes, but that's mostly just because I don't have properly equipped phys damage dealers aside from Susannah.
It's not an amazing team, but it gets the job done on specific enemies.
HoRebirth/tall Griseo on 3/4, Prometheus/Carole/Senti/Susannah on 4/4.
Small Griseo only has her weapon and aside from that there's only Delta, who doesn't have any proper equipment.

Should probably just try to finish up Rebirth and tall Griseo at some point.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I resumed my barely touched account from last year to give this a fair shot. I finished the first chapter so far and just got to the school, looks like I have a bit to go to unlock the new story.

Is the recommendation still to avoid the starting dorm banner? I read that a lot everywhere including a YouTube from February. But it shows different valkyries including Senti and I'm apparently 20 pulls from an S rank when all the guides say 100. I probably did some summons last year but definitely not 80.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the Elysian Realm is soooo long even with skips

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

bagrada posted:

I resumed my barely touched account from last year to give this a fair shot. I finished the first chapter so far and just got to the school, looks like I have a bit to go to unlock the new story.

Is the recommendation still to avoid the starting dorm banner? I read that a lot everywhere including a YouTube from February. But it shows different valkyries including Senti and I'm apparently 20 pulls from an S rank when all the guides say 100. I probably did some summons last year but definitely not 80.

Everything in the dorm banner has been powercrept. Senti is only relevant if you happen to pull the Brick, but otherwise, she's been replaced by Herscherr of Rebirth.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Stayed in Redlotus. Also looked up an Eden tutorial and tossed Turg on her and wow she works so smoothly on the sp generation and even at S rank brought my score up not enough to matter.

Man Fischl may be probably my favorite Hoyo character, but I think she's benched for the 3rd stage of Abyss and any Memorial Arena where that stigma set isn't called for.

I mean, until she shows up on Mars with her Pri-Arm and she's actually been on Mars the whole time. (Please Hoyo? Honkai doesn't have to just export characters, you can import too!)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They never brought Kyuushou, Kika, Ninti or Jyahnar into Honkai Impact 3rd from GGZ, I doubt they'd bring Fischl, anyone else from Genshin or anyone from Star Rail into it outside of silly non-canon scenarios.

Just a heads up, if you care about meta you do want to pull for Themela. She breaks the meta in a way similarly to how the Herrscher of the Void did when she first released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Selenephos posted:

They never brought Kyuushou, Kika, Ninti or Jyahnar into Honkai Impact 3rd from GGZ, I doubt they'd bring Fischl, anyone else from Genshin or anyone from Star Rail into it outside of silly non-canon scenarios.

Obviously the Savior Of Light and the Foolish Countess (I think that's what her song said?) are also on Mars with Fischl. :colbert: