Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Selenephos posted:

They never brought Kyuushou, Kika, Ninti or Jyahnar into Honkai Impact 3rd from GGZ, I doubt they'd bring Fischl, anyone else from Genshin or anyone from Star Rail into it outside of silly non-canon scenarios.

Just a heads up, if you care about meta you do want to pull for Themela. She breaks the meta in a way similarly to how the Herrscher of the Void did when she first released

The fact that we're getting that level of power creep is really depressing to me. I thought we were past that in this game. Or at least I hoped they were. With the story being fine but not grabbing me, and me disliking the presentation changes that make it closer to Genshin and HSR, it's lost what really made it feel distinct form those two games. I dunno maybe that's the sign to just walk away here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Do we know who is coming up in Battlesuit Supply?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Meta only matters if you’re deep diving into abyss anyways.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

getting myself to the cap very very slowly

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think I really screwed up not rolling for Senadia

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Meowywitch posted:

getting myself to the cap very very slowly

About how long does it take to get from 80 to 88? I reached 80 earlier today.

Meowywitch posted:

I think I really screwed up not rolling for Senadia

She seems very strong, been using her with Coralie and Helia as a trio for so many things since they seem to work together very well. Though I've heard that Thelema is probably going to replace Helia since Senadina's Astro Ring supports Thelema, who would be a new DPS. At least that's what I remember reading in people's impressions.

Zebia fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 16, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm getting Thelma cause she's cool so if she's good DPS that's gravy on top

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god I have the sharpest steel but then i forgot to loving level it...lmaooo sorry Mei

edit: did Senti just...brain a dude with a brick????

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 17, 2024

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

And this is why Senti is the best.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I enjoyed the micro event where she explained why a brick is, in fact, the ultimate weapon.

Also man I ignored Feast Sought In Data for a while and now I'm doing it and they make you do the restaurant minigame so loving much.

It's a decent minigame but still.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's a fun mini game but they have you do way to much so once I got all the crystal I noped out

Anyway Thelma looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4Z7N55geY

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I started playing Dave the Diver a couple days ago and I was like oh, this is where they got the idea for Feast Sought in Data from

e: not that Dave the Diver invented the restaurant sim, it's just that the restaurant part in this event is identical

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's a fun mini game but they have you do way to much so once I got all the crystal I noped out

Anyway Thelma looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4Z7N55geY

i shall kneel

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Crystal Code (350): PLEASURE

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Just learned about level breakthrough. Just how much harder does it make the content? I don't have a lot of characters built up yet.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Zebia posted:

Just learned about level breakthrough. Just how much harder does it make the content? I don't have a lot of characters built up yet.

- It unlocks SSS rank bosses in Memorial Arena.
You still do the normal SS rank bosses before then. I don't think this changes anything about the rewards and difficulty prior to SSS rank bosses.
Two of the bosses go up to SSS rank each week (so it's six stages instead of 5). You can get 20 crystals, 12 Ancient Legacy and 28 Ancient Willpower from each, but this requires decent teams and the bosses change a lot, so they have different counters. This is a bit harder than the abyss bosses you might be used to.
As an example, currently there's ice Rita as a boss and I can't get the full rewards from her because my fire teams are really bad, but with S3 Sirin (using Pardos weapon and generic Stigmas) and SS-rank Ai-chan (having 2/4 of her equipment pieces) I can at least get the crystals and 8/12 Ancient Legacy and 20/28 Ancient Willpower.

-Superstring Dimension replaces the abyss (I forgot what it's called at rank 80) you are used to.
How much harder this is kinda depends on the amount of people that endlessly sit around at 80 (since those can increase the difficulty), but my impression was that Agony III rank in Superstring Dimension is easier than Agony/Red Lotus in the level 80 abyss. Red Lotus in Superstring Dimension is much harder and basically requires well built and complete teams that can cover the different damage types.
Maintaining Agony III gets you 320+100 crystals. Red Lotus gets you 400+100 crystals. Agony II is 240+100 crystals.
The +100 is from beating the stages for points. A stage gives you 6000 points and if you can reach 15000 points in total, you get those extra 100 crystals. The other crystals are just from maintaining rank without other players kicking you out, since you're competing with them for scores and there's a leaderboard. How competitive this is might depend on your region.
Superstring Dimension is sometimes quicker than the level 80 abyss, since it's just three stages and a boss fight. The boss and two of those stages usually have the same weather effect, while the last stage is a different weather effect (weather is stuff like "Bonus to bleed damage/Bonus to lightning damage/Bonus to fire damage/Bonus to type counters et cetera.).

-I do not know whether the co-op replacement mode (Realms of Battle) gets any harder.
The last stage in it is the only challenge where you don't use custom characters, so I can imagine it could get a bit more demanding. But they tend to be gimmicky either way.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

free card!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

shes gorgeous

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

granted I'm stuck on Agony 3 but I had to use Luna for this cycle cause my imaginary is bad. It actually worked though

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I got a selector "S-rank battlesuit option 2024" with any S rank character card from v1.0 to v4.4. Is google right that they are all outdated and I should just pick whoever looks cool? I'm so early on I just have a Natasha and the 3 original starters so far.

edit: my gut says Fu Hua Azur Empyrea or Seele. From the Genshin and Star Rail threads I've picked up Himeko dies, Seele has an evil twin/personality, Fu Hua is the best

bagrada fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 22, 2024

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

bagrada posted:

I got a selector "S-rank battlesuit option 2024" with any S rank character card from v1.0 to v4.4. Is google right that they are all outdated and I should just pick whoever looks cool? I'm so early on I just have a Natasha and the 3 original starters so far.

edit: my gut says Fu Hua Azur Empyrea or Seele. From the Genshin and Star Rail threads I've picked up Himeko dies, Seele has an evil twin/personality, Fu Hua is the best

Remember you can try out all of them in the tutorial trials if you wanna know how they feel to actually play, otherwise, pick whoever you like. The only area where your own valkyries matter is just abyss/memorial arena/elysian realm. Herscherr of Thunder and Dea Anchora are still ok, but also super power-creeped if you want something that's pretty strong for their generation. But yeah, they're all outdated.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Azure Empyrean is probably a good choice too, if you don't mind how she plays.

I'm pretty sure Herrscher Of Truth took her from "second best support for basically every elemental team" to "third best support for basically every elemental team," plus her stigma is farmable and her weapon is in the bp shop sometimes.

Idunno though something about AE and her field time always felt bad to me when I got to try her, and I basically missed her until after HoTr came out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The thing about AE and basically all of Fu's variants is they basically play like beat-em-up characters with their ultimate skill button being the high punch to basic's low punch, which didn't immediately register for me until a good while later. I never really got the hang of AE either as a support though in theory I understood how she worked. In any case, you could always run Kira or Pardo if you're lacking an elemental support and I think they're more fun to run imo.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Kira is definitely super fun to play with her sniping.

Just finished the story for A Feast Sought In Data.

Maybe I should have after they copied Hollow Knight's flower side quest, but I was not expecting Castlevania complete with Final Guards and Cat Dracula.

Also was not expecting the shadow having such a similar backstory to Sa. I hope she comes up more in the future.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm ten pulls away from thelema

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Thelema seems to be pretty good. Rivaling Senadina's damage output for me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Senadina will never leave your team either way. She supports Thelema, but also supports Lantern. Anyways, Thelema is pretty strong and fun to play. Her tutorial did make me laugh though of just saying just do cool things to build up meter for her rotation. Got used to every other tutorial saying to do these moves in a specific order before swapping, so giving Thelema flexibility was nice.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 27, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh is Lantern playable? she's hypertuned to my gay rear end self, so

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Got very lucky with Thelema pulls, almost enough to make up the disaster of the previous path.

So she is actually quite fun?! She has a lot more moves compared to all other valks and rewards you for mixing stuff up, although I'm not sure whats the purpose of hold attack move yet. Feels like a character from a different game with all the combos you can pull off and still play optimally. She's also usable with older valks if someone hasn't pulled anything last patch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

AParadox posted:

Got very lucky with Thelema pulls, almost enough to make up the disaster of the previous path.

So she is actually quite fun?! She has a lot more moves compared to all other valks and rewards you for mixing stuff up, although I'm not sure whats the purpose of hold attack move yet. Feels like a character from a different game with all the combos you can pull off and still play optimally. She's also usable with older valks if someone hasn't pulled anything last patch.

I missed Sena and I greatly regret it because even the trial version is absurdly powerful especially compared to, e.g, Helia

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

AParadox posted:

I think the hold attack is just so you can pop up into the air along with the enemy so you can keep using weapon into hold weapon to build up her unique bar.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

I missed Sena and I greatly regret it because even the trial version is absurdly powerful especially compared to, e.g, Helia

Yeah that's a bit unfortunate as they are kinda building new characters around Sena but at least Thelma is still competitive using Sushang and Kira. My advice is usually never backpull anything but if they keep designing characters this way Sena might be the first reasonable backpull.

Zebia posted:

I think the hold attack is just so you can pop up into the air along with the enemy so you can keep using weapon into hold weapon to build up her unique bar.

Weapon tap into hold spam is fast but damage is kinda unimpressive, I tested some combo routes against abyss HoV and MA houdou and the best performers were either mix literally everything or spam tap attack 3 times then tap weapon, either repeat or hold weapon if you want to freeze. I fail the execution a lot less with the 3 attack 1 tap weapon so for now I'm doing that.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Just finished part 2 of the Elysian Realm and wanted to verify if I'm understanding Mobius's story correctly.

So, after Elysia's death the real Mobius synced up with her Sim and in that moment her Sim somehow implanted a memory or idea into the real Mobius that caused her to no longer want to revive after death, so that the Sim would be the only Mobius in existence and thus could consider herself the real Mobius?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Zebia posted:

Just finished part 2 of the Elysian Realm and wanted to verify if I'm understanding Mobius's story correctly.

So, after Elysia's death the real Mobius synced up with her Sim and in that moment her Sim somehow implanted a memory or idea into the real Mobius that caused her to no longer want to revive after death, so that the Sim would be the only Mobius in existence and thus could consider herself the real Mobius?

Yeah that's what I gathered: hi five buddy who also completed Part 2 of the Elysian Realm last night!!!

I think it's by far my favorite part of the game. You can just play your Suits and have fun, and some of the modes (like Shallow) offer a lot of crystals, too just for chillfighting (in a game I feel is very stingy with giving the pull currency)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Had a lot of fun fighting Lantern actually,

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

we did it fam

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Fu Hua outfit is really neat and making me want to spend money on it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finished APHO Part 2

Really liked this one, it was a LOT better than Part 1 all around. A shame they don't seem to be doing any more of it, though. Not even sure if its plotline is going to continue in lieu of the "proper" Part 2 storyline we have going on now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Part 2 is set before APHO. APHO is also set before Honkai Star Rail.

There's still plenty of time to do an APHO 3.