Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That Little Demon posted:

this seems really OP lol

It's busted, got it with another joker that lets you make straights and flushes with only 4 cards and it was straight flush city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This card is OP as gently caress lol. Got to Ante 8 on my 2nd run

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

OOOHhhh that's what skipping is for? So it's like going for a relic in Slay the Spire?

Kinda, the tags are all temporary one-off bonuses but in exchange you skip the blind missing out on any $ rewards and also skipping a visit to the shop.

I do it more often in later rounds when something like temporary +3 Hand Size for the boss blind is way better than anything I'd find in the store. There are some really good early tags though like the one where initial cards in the next shop are all free.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black Deck is the basic deck I still need a win with. The upside is great but "-1 hand per round" also means losing a potential $1 each round from hand bonuses which really throws me off at the beginning. I think I need to get more aggressive buying Jokers early

edit: Yellow Deck is cool when you can leverage that starting cash into something that gets you money over the rest of the run

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

They really should swap the red and green stake challenges. Bigger blinds isn't as big of a difficulty spike as losing $3 on the first blind.

I think the first stake penalty is a smart design because it trains you to start paying attention to the skip tags, it's pretty easy to coast to your first win ignoring them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol some of the unlock conditions are funny. I like the one for discarding a royal flush

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This is how I finally beat Black Deck lol (also had a Stencil on the last ante giving another x5 mult for my empty slots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Credit Card + the "playing your most-played hand sets $ to 0" boss blind :aaa: