Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jackson Holliday is the truth and the light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

hmm maybe he won't be a HoF shoe in

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lol @ Yamamoto sucking just to add to this Dodgers misery

(don't look at Corbin Burnes ST stats thanks)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Racing Stripe posted:

I was just checking up on that (Orioles fan; ignore av) and trying to decide how excited to be about the w/l and how down to be on Corbin's numbers. If it's anything like NFL preseason, I'd say ignore the points on the board but consider individual performances, but that's the worst possible lens for the O's so I want it to be something else.

it's not great, but I am choosing to trust Burnes' history of being awesome and assume he will figure it out. I haven't seen anyone freaking out about his underlying statcast numbers or whatever

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1770879727064039564
lol this rule is going to be a complete clusterfuck.

wtf, this is the most beautiful tag you could put to film

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the only thing I can think is that the umps are instructed to call it when it's close during Spring Training so they get a wide array of examples to kind of see when it should and should not be called

I have no clue if that happens but why else would you be so quick to call that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://x.com/MattMonagan/status/1770872402961994120?s=20
Step 1: assemble a roster of power hitters who all go the same direction
Step 2: "lose" some endangered salamanders in the outfield

this field is where righties go to die

Elvis Presley lookin rear end field

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

They should put the field at the far end and remake Polo Grounds

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the only crime I see is the crime of great friendship from Ohtani

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you gotta be kidding me

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Orioles subreddit would like you to know that his Spring Training strikeout rate was too high and this is the only reason he isn't breaking camp with the team. and if you disagree you need to Trust The Process

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Minenfeld! posted:

One thing I don't understand is how Ohtani paid off his bookie if he's not getting paid until 2100.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Since it's easy to make fun of other people's projections without actually putting your own up, here are the projections of my SUPER SECRET SYSTEM for you all to point and laugh at:

[code]
Rays 92 70
Orioles 88 74
Blue Jays 86 76
Yankees 83 79
Red Sox 83 79

congrats on being the first projections to correctly rate the Yankees

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Newborns are perfect for baseball watching. Enjoy it!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Nats are so bad they're getting demolished by the worst team in the league

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My son's first year on earth had the O's winning 101 games and Angelos selling the team. He has absolutely zero baggage from the last 25 years and I am thrilled for him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5hi0ZHbiE

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sure hope the Orioles start making those kinds of deals once the new ownership is in place

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The O’s incoming owner gave an interview and said he would “follow the recommendations of his GM”.

Could be an empty nothing statement, could mean he will do what Elias wants. And I hope Elias wants to spend some more money than he’s had recently.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'd like to see Kjerstad and Stowers on the team, but sending them to Norfolk gets regular starts so I kind of understand it. Then you have Coby Mayo to figure in too. There's just a logjam of players at basically every position between the "old" guard of guys who still have one or two arb years left and the legit new crop of rookies.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

But yeah, the O's have top prospects being blocked by other top prospects at most positions and the fact they haven't traded for every available SP is wild to me.

I wonder if Westburg gets traded for pitching at some point.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

watch out, the O's just came into money

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39820434/david-rubenstein-unanimously-approved-new-orioles-owner

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9swgCHFON4

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

explosivo posted:

Is this good for the Orioles? I legit have no idea if this changes anything or if there's just a different rich guy who owns the team now.

at worst, he can't be worse than Angelos.

At best, :homebrew:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Believe it or not, yes, he can.

Just ask an A's or Marlins or Pirates fan, if you can find one.

I mean yeah, things can always get worse I suppose, but the way I see it Rubenstein is 74, already made his billions, is from Baltimore and very likely won't be trying to extort the city for a new stadium. I don't know the guy's motives of course but I can't believe the guy is doing this just to cheap out and become hated in his hometown

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

David Rubenstein posted:

“When this opportunity came along, I thought, ‘OK, what I can do is help support the town that was good to me growing up. The town that my parents were born in, that I was born, my parents are buried in, and I will no doubt be buried in as well,’” Rubenstein told The Baltimore Banner. “I don’t want to oversell what I can do, but I would say I do feel an obligation to pay back the country and also pay back Baltimore for my good fortune.”

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/...adfu-Bl1aXH6kA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Will Smith was well into his arb years and got a long term deal. So maybe locking up Rutschman RIGHT THIS SECOND isn't as important as O's fans would have you believe.