Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

But who will keep the trainers busy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Monathin posted:

Mervis is both the singular and the plural form, obviously.

Mattews Mervis.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Imagine even thinking about Illinois south of I-80

I occasionally think about Urbana, but that's because that's where HAL 9000 was built.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Rahm at least told the Ricketts to gently caress off when they wanted money for renovations. Brandon better do the same for Reinsdorf.

I don't really see it. The Bears keep making noise and he's like "okay bye".

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Redeye Flight posted:

Given that baseball's biggest early scandal directly revolved around throwing a world series, that one surprises me a lot less.

I mean, lots of the team agreed to do it because they weren't getting paid enough. I feel like that's less of an issue now, but still. The unpaid labor part was bit in that scandal.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dies someone need to make a version of the gif with El Attrache now?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

So like, I love some dogshit stadiums. The Kingdome was cool as hell til it started falling apart, I genuinely love O.Co., the Metrodome was best ever, I even kinda liked the Rangers' previous digs. I even liked the old Marlins stadium (though the current one with Dinger Machine would still be miles better.)

But that thing they got for a fake-rear end building for the Nu A's? That's a piece of poo poo. Design like that and they won't even make it retractable? C'mon now.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Jesus someone sign this guy. Look at him! He's so sad!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Imagine Ohtani launching one into the sun off him

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

what getting cheated with a buzzer does to a motherfucker

C'mon dude.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees should probably just go into the season with what they have, see how their kids do and if they are in it at the deadline and are clearly a pitcher short, try to address it then.

This seems weirdly positive.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

As a kid of a farming family, who married into another farming family, and dates in ANOTHER farming family and will be spending a large part of the summer on at least one of those farms, I hope the Dodgers absolutely shred this guy. Just obliterate every pitch he throws.

What a stupid fuckin thing to say.

E: I acknowledge that historically Mikolas has done okay against them, but now he's cursed. The Curse of the Farmer.

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 16, 2024

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

It's not collusion, it's the salary cap.

What do you think the luxury tax is, mcmagic, if not codified collusion?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

You have to actively choose to drink.

It's really that simple.

Both are negligent, but one is recklessly and with intent.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

First basemen gotta quit fuckin with their gloves during downtime. This happens to Vladdy all the time, too.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

We're gonna get this inane babble after every game this season?

Sorry the Yankees don't have any Cool Guys who Do Things so you can't flood chat with how good they are.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

It depends entirely on what he says. "I made a mistake and am working entirely with the authorities" will go a long way for most people, I bet.

Dude isn't Trevor Bauer. He's not going out guns blazing or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Gonna have to find out what stand that milkshake is at and sit near it when the Twins are in town.