Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the Rickwood Field game is a cool idea (and I think a neat reward for the city clawing back the Barons from the white flight suburbs) but having been there I have no idea how it’s actually going to work, it’s a bandbox that basically functions more as a museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
At some point, probably pretty soon, there will be an instant replay call that hinges on whether a fielder’s glove managed to just barely brush or just barely miss a baserunner’s floppy cock and/or balls

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think most infielders do, but I'm sure there are some who don't.

It'll be like that Robocop parody video where everyone keeps getting shot in the dick.

Fatal Farm! Part of Channel 101’s “Our Robocop Remake”; I know a couple of the folks who had their dicks blown off in that scene

meanwhile MLB is straight up lying about the balls issue

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1761146751967269079?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 24, 2024

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

i love especially the very early games, the Braves just tied up the Red Sox in an inning where i had next to no idea who any of their batters were

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrown0914/status/1761846793493455290?s=20

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

bravesword posted:

The Braves value having two starting-caliber catchers extremely highly and have since before AA took over

The team also considers d’Arnaud a core clubhouse guy

I can’t really envision a scenario where it makes sense to trade him. He’s not going to bring in a haul, and it’s not like the Braves have a desperate need for a back-end starter or middle reliever

also the dropoff to like Chadwick Tromp is huge, if you trade d’Arnaud and Murphy goes down for any amount of time you’re stuck with an immense lineup void for however long

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

the very southern bit of Illinois is one of the most dire places I’ve seen in this country and I’ve pretty much seen all of it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

the availability of real-time always available digital betting interfaces mean that you don't have to throw an entire game though, if you're a pitcher you can go out and throw one a foot off the plate to start and a few select people who are clued in can clean up on the prop bet

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Chris Sale has survived one (1) outing in a Braves uniform

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

new college summer league team downstate coming out of the gates strong

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/1762861864323629142?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

nevermind I just realized Adam Duvall is unsigned, gotta imagine AA has already checked on him. season saved!

Forrest Wall is crushing the ball so far, I’m sure that can continue

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Twins running with a Gunkel-Winkel battery

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

wrapping Chris Sale in bubble wrap between outings and storing him in a utility closet

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Spencer Strider has a curveball now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hungry hungry caterpillar rear end stadium

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Darren O’Day has been pretty great in the Braves booth so far

https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1765101352269533322?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I still think Rodón took a lot of damage from the wild number of overstress innings he pitched in high school and college playoffs, i doubt he’s been even close to 100% healthy for more than a few months as a pro.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

GPTribefan posted:

Yeah but the recovery is freaky fast

smells are free

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

bravesword posted:

Bauer will still be out there trying to scrounge up a contract when he’s fifty

He lives and breathes attention, and the idea that no one cares about him anymore will always be more than he can bear

I can’t really imagine him quietly retiring and opening up a car dealership somewhere

I think he ends up in prison, guys with that type of proclivity, mindset, and documented behavior don’t just stop

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

gotta imagine there’s an absolute abyss of weird child trafficking sex poo poo that goes along with international baseball recruiting, at least if it’s like literally any other industry where rich fuckers dip into impoverished communities (especially in the global south) to extract human capital

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

don’t think 2023 All-Star Bryce Elder is gonna be winning his rotation spot back any time soon

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

He’s capable of it but I think his sinker is the type of pitch that either just feels right or it doesn’t and when it doesn’t the rest of his stuff gets exposed in a hurry.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bowman had been hitting the note for so long that the Braves were likely to pick up a bench piece, probably an outfielder, that the only thing less surprising will be when they reacquire Jesse Chavez at some point midseason.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

does seem like a pretty good idea, Kelenic still looks completely helpless against lefties

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wayne Knight posted:

Just a heads up that once the regular season starts we will be merging cubs posting and Ms posting.
This is the season of Cum posting

it is cum tree season after all

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Gio Urshela signed with the Tigers last week apparently, that’s his 6th AL team without ever playing in the NL and now I’m curious what the record for that sort of thing would be

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

could see the argument for going to the A’s in that situation to be a bet on yourself because if you produce any value whatsoever there’s a good chance you get flipped to a contender

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Sydin posted:

The list is qualified MLB pitchers but I will allow both points to stand on the merits.

Max Fried also wouldn't qualify but had one very good half of a season and is back out there this year

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

E2: apparently it wasn’t drunk driving but he fell asleep behind the wheel and was found liable

have my own doubts about his “moment of unconsciousness” but regardless drunk/drugged US GIs kill on average at least a person or two every year on Okinawa and that’s just the iceberg tip when it comes to criminal behavior out there, anyone with any sense (hence not Bauer) would just shut the gently caress up

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

With Jackson Chourio making the Brewers that’s now 3 20-year-olds on opening day rosters and they’re all named Jackson

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

With Jackson Chourio making the Brewers that’s now 3 20-year-olds on opening day rosters and they’re all named Jackson

further to this so far as I can tell there’s 3 21-year-olds and 2 of them are named Jordan

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

they deferred the money by just handing it to Ippei instead

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ohtani blew it all to Le Chiffre at the baccarat table

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Popete posted:

Ohtani announcing he was married out of the blue is because they cant arrest a husband and wife for the same crime

maybe he won her fair and square, you ever think about that huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Traxis posted:

Hearing reports that Ohtani assassinated the Boeing whistleblower

somebody check his house for kate middleton