Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Jeremy Pena has a new swing that's supposed to help him hit with more power but I don't know, he became a better hitter overall when he stopped trying to swing for the fences in the second half of last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Surely MLB has a "these are poo poo" clause to get out of their contract with fanatics

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm a big fan of Ian H a pp though

Fanatics has gone all out to showcase the PP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is spring training free on mlb.tv or does the membership carry over from the previous year until the season starts? Cause I'm able to watch but I haven't done my free tmobile thing yet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Real_RGS/status/1761521851686121897

Is the Dansby one a trick of the jersey having a fold or is the S really that small

https://twitter.com/Real_RGS/status/1761553357347463592

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Honestly surprised the Braves haven't tried to move d'Arnaud speaking of catchers

e: Like I get that you have to have a backup catcher but it seems like the value of what you could get for d"Arnaud is higher than the value you get having him backup Murphy

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 26, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

This is the year Kris Bryant finally awakens from his long slumber and puts up a Coors-fueled 60 HR MVP season on route to the Rockies finishing 73-89.

more like a coors fueld hangover after drinking his IL related sorrows away

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Imagine even thinking about Illinois south of I-80

Imagine never seeing the fire breathing dragon in Vandalia

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I completely forgot Glasnow got traded to the Dodgers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He hit that one into Jorbit

Hey now if you worry about the politics of the area of every roadside tourist thing you'll never see the world's largest acorn or ball of twine or anything like that

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 26, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

god drat those are sick

e: Astros one is sold out, gonna have to keep an eye on it I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mdemone posted:

Anthony Rendon got paid several hundred thousand dollars so far during spring training, in which he is 0-2 at the plate, and with no fielding chances.

Nice work if you can get it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's less about getting a handful of extra games without paying out salary than it is about getting extra TV revenue

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah players getting paid so much more now is a nice buffer against gambling related scandals. How much would you have to pay the ace for a playoff team to make it worth the risk of being banned from the sport

How are you going to make that money gambling on a single baseball game without raising flags

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But did the uniform survive?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got the TMobile mlb.tv email. Sign up is between March 26 and April 1, so heads up everyone with TMobile

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress. That's terrible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is there no longer a share thread in SA Mart? That's where I always used to go before using the free TMobile thing

e: thread is here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960688

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

can't wait for him to swing out of CC's rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Do you follow more Yankee twitter accounts or Astros ones? Are there any Astros twitter accounts other than that really mad guy?

how dare they post baseball news or views in this, the news/views thread

zoux posted:

Could be worse. Could be Apple.

I still haven't watched a single game on apple and I will continue to not do so even when they get the world series in a decade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nah not gonna troll nvm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Who the gently caress is this even for?

All the conservative flag humping patriots in... San Francisco...

Next he's going to invite Aubrey Huff as a bench coach

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol that's even dumber

You know we're ready to play because we partake in the same mindless ritual they force on grade schoolers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

"only 34"

Clayton Kershaw's age 34 season was his 7th consecutive year making fewer than 30 starts due to injury

Lawrie hasn't played in 8 years so a little different situation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1765017544883097648

Get ready for some of the worst opinions you've ever seen in your life

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sure they'll build a stadium with absolutely no left field seating

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The main way you can tell it's bullshit is that the stands are full

I just realized how much I'm going to miss Oakland's crazy bullpen down the line setup and enormous foul territory

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

which was the concept art where the ballpark was basically on a giant grass pyramid? that was a good one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Are you thinking of the Howard Terminal renders?

Much like the Vegas ones, it looks pretty cool in art form.

oh yeah you're right I was remembering wrong

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that's what the mac is short for

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stanek can be either the best bullpen arm in baseball or a trash fire with very little in between

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Apparently there were zero scouts present to watch him which I hope is true but...

Since he was apparently hitting 99 I'm expecting some team to hold their nose and sign him so I'm glad the Astros have too many starters as it is

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

Not to inadvertently cause terrible events but imo nobody is going to sign Bauer. Teams seem to have recognized the score with him: he's never going to shut up, he's going to make it all about himself, and if any team did sign him he'd just immediately use the public media platform that would offer him to try and exonerate himself. If he were actually willing to sit down for an apology presser and then hand the keys to his social media over to team PR and otherwise keep his head down in front of the media then yeah he'd probably have some interested teams, but he's made it clear that's not how things are going to play out of he gets another shot. And none of this is even getting into the fact that he was an annoying shithead even before the sexual assault aspect came out and prior to that he was still infamous as a terrible clubhouse guy.

Counterpoint: eventually he'll be willing to play for cheap enough someone will pull the trigger

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1767223517559259527
Doesn't sound great!

I mean, I'm already operating under the assumption that he's willing to take the league minimum to get his foot back in the door. I guess he could be asking for more - he's certainly delusional enough to do so - but considering how desperate he's been to get back in MLB I can't imagine that he'd have turned down a league minimum deal if it one were already offered to him.

I forgot how little he played for in Japan so yeah you're probably right

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Bauer's been out there long enough and is a toxic enough guy absent the culture war stuff (or things that are perceived as culture war I guess) that I'd be surprised if he signs anywhere.

It isn't like he was an ace in MLB last season anymore either. If he signs in '24 he's 6 seasons removed from putting up front line starter numbers. There's a ton of risk that he's not that guy anymore and if you're signing that clowncar poo poo to be a back of the rotation guy, what are you doing?

6 isn't right, he's 3 seasons removed from winning the CY and put up very good numbers for the Dodgers for half a season

I just know I want him to stay out of the league so if no team wants to touch him then great!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It sucks to think that Bauer could be the exact shithead he is but with the ability to not tweet about it all the time and he'd probably be on a team. So keep tweeting, Trev

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Bauer is toxic as gently caress in a way other abusers or whatever aren't. Anyone half way intelligent knows its not just dealing with his past, its dealing with what he says and does in the future because he's too arrogant to shut the gently caress up. Then when you consider he's probably past his prime and he was widely regarded to have been basing a lot of his success on sticky stuff. There will always be assholes who want the rear end in a top hat but baseball teams are companies and some lawyer or scout or someone will stop it I think.

The sticky stuff is a good point. Hell, there were even all those articles written about how by signing Bauer you're also getting exclusive use of his Secret Formula or whatever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lord Of Texas posted:

Player with the density of a neutron star, all thrown pitches immediately are pulled into his orbit causing HBP. But one time he swings and pops out just so his batting average is an actual number.

He would only need one ball put in play to make it happen because his density would cause the ball to fly into him, making him out :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mdemone posted:

No, the escape velocity from that small a neutron star would be below the exit velocity off the bat

Edit: I think. Actually it might be close in the logarithmic sense of the word.

Sqrt(2GM/R) = Sqrt(2*6.67e-11*35e15/0.26^2)

lol

8.3 km/sec never mind

since you're good at this: what is the slowest possible pitch you can throw and have it be a called strike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JD Davis won his arb hearing and the Giants released him after signing Chapman, and because of a loophole in the CBA they only have to pay him a much lower amount in termination pay

Congrats bawfuls, the Giants are villains

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 12, 2024