Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mr-Spain posted:

News: Went to the Savanna Banana's game at MinuteMaid last night
Views: It was loving awesome and well worth the ticket price.

Rodger Clemens and Roy Oswalt came in to pitch in separate innings as surprise players and I'm pretty sure Josh Riddick batted at some point. Clemens and Oswalt had me nostalgic for 2005. Also Oswalt came out like this lmfao;

I was at that game too and yeah Reddick did get an AB but got a 4-pitch "walk" (they don't have walks, but after 4 balls you get to run the bases until everyone on defense touches the ball, he just jogged to 1st).

Clemens got absolutely lit up, which was hilarious. Roy O didn't do so well either but got a bit jobbed by some sloppy fielding.

Thankfully the tickets we got were only like $60 but we had to do a bunch of lottery entries and get in on the first batch to get that, but it was at least first level (sec. 128 I think). It was a ton of fun, but general admission style tickets are kinda weird (you basically get a chunk of sections and you pick your seat, first come first serve). There were lines for several blocks right when gates opened but we luckily got in within like 5 minutes anyway. Despite it being a bit chaotic and unusual getting in, it actually worked out okay and MMP was packed even up in the "cheap" seats. I don't know that I'd pay $200 to go but I'd go again for about half that or so.

Bonus Roger on the big screen:

edit: the video of the game is posted, here's the timestamp to Reddick AB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVgRgkDJeE&t=1523s

edit2: Clemens is at 34:13 if you wanna watch him get lit up

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

Roger Clemens (7x cy young, MVP, 2 rings) got shelled by the savannah bananas. what's Kershaw done lately

Um, actually .... he got shelled by the Party Animals while on the bump for the Savannah Bananas.

:neckbeard:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Are there other cities that have some kind of theme about their sports teams across leagues or just the Windy Apple?
If the Texans went with the superior choice of name the Apollos we could have had Astros, Rockets, and Apollos.

e: what's funny though is the Rockets were not even originally from here even though people usually forget that

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

N: Brantley throwing out the opening day first pitch for the Astros

V: Owns, as does Uncle Mike