Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

MLB 2024: More balls in play

Thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

denied, I saw it before I made this one

That's a real $manager_of_your_favorite_team move, buddy.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Fanatics has gone all out to showcase the PP

Baseball is a game of inches.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
When my team wins in spring training:

Hell yeah, they got it all figured out and are going deep in October!

When my team loses in spring training:

Chief McHeath posted:

I don't care if the games mean nothing, there are Fellas Playing Baseball on my television and it is Good.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Sloan is one of the larger plumbing fixture companies in the country. Sloan, Kohler, Delta, and American Standard are the big ones. Sloan seems to sponsor tons of Cubs stuff.

The jokes write themselves.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I too get paid for showing up and accomplishing nothing. Good for him.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Gorman Thomas posted:

Ohtani just announced on IG that he's married what the hell?!?

Import delays on pillows can be brutal.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

yeah how dare he not want to be a Yankee!

Wanting to not be a Yankee is cool, good.
Wanting to be a Dodger is cringe, ick.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

look at where your Dodger hatred has brought you, complimenting players for being Yankees

Read that again. I would never support the Yankees.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

The seed oils thing is a dead giveaway that this is some Rogan bro influencer

I'm not up to date on my dumb rogan bullshit, what are they going on about with seed oils?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

He got into a bunch of trouble with the Japanese press/social media for posting support for Ridge Alkonis on Instagram a couple months ago, entirely possible it made him toxic enough over there for teams to pass.

If he keeps digging down he just might get out of this well.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

tadashi posted:

gently caress you, other baseball teams.

Love,

The Dodgers

You forgot to post date that to the first week of October when the Dodgers exit the season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Figured y'all would appreciate this:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Can Trevor Bauer just gently caress off forever?

He'll do it in pinstripes.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

What have you done…

At least this derail is about basesball.

Also I'd be down for bawfuls system because more meaningless hardware to humble brag about is good.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Reminder for T-Mobile people, next Tuesday is the start of the mlb.tv signups.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Teddybear posted:

It seems almost inconceivable that they would suspend or ban Ohtani, as that would be so incomprehensibly detrimental to the game's present and future, and so that's probably exactly what Manfred will do.

I've been told Manfred will never punish players so Ohtani for cy young and at least two other awards to help him through these trying times.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

harsh but fair and most importantly, consistent

Dodgers will need something to console themselves with while watching baseball in October, after all.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

lmao that their best defense is "Ohtani is a dipshit who gave his translator access to his bank account and also knows so little English he didn't realize Ippei was just straight up lying and trying to say Ohtani was doing him a solid and in on it all, in direct contrast to previous statements that actually Ohtani knows quite a bit of English but for press purposes prefers an interpreter."

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

Gonna lol when we find out Shohei has been betting on baseball this whole time, but he's making ridiculous bets on himself like pitching a 9 immaculate inning, 27 K perfect game, or driving in 20 runs in a game.

The funniest option is that those were the kinds of bets, and it was with Shohei's money, but it was his mom placing the bets.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bet over? Bet under? Straight to jail.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mister Perky posted:

or as he will be known from now on, Shoeless Sho

Shoeless Sho Sham! Shunts Serious Shame Skirting Scandal!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
80k a year seems really low for a job with that many hours and that much travel.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I like the ump view for replays except when there's a nasty breaking ball and I have flashbacks to when I was in the box for the first time against a kid who could throw a slider and I realized that everything I knew to that point was gone forever but they hit me with the next pitch and getting on base is getting on base. Wow, this game, so many life lessons.

My older brothers and their little league teams "prepped" me for my first kid pitch season and they all agreed that what I really needed to do was crowd the plate. So like every idiot little brother, I did. Second pitch I got beaned in the helmet and when I talked to them after the game they defended themselves with, "hey, you got on base, right!?"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

Ohtani did 9/11

With payout ratios that bad it's a wonder he racked such a high debt.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Not to hand it to them, but I think the Rangers will probably squeak in closer to 90, but still take second. Or they'll flame out and the Mariners will take their spot.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

I'm pretty convinced that over the next 10-15 years climate change is really going to start to play hell with (among many other things) the MLB season as it currently exists. Too many teams rely on there being decent weather for ~7 months out of the year and that just ain't gonna happen.

More Astrodomes and a refusal to acknowledge the problem.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't know if you need extra packages to watch MLB games on apple tv but you can also get a year of free apple tv from tmobile too.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

What do the Minnesota Wild have to do with any of this

You wild'n out if you think that's a worse name than the Houston Texans. Which is the dumbest loving name of any sports team in collective human history.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

This is a good time to remember that in the spring of 2012 Mark Walter and co paid $2.15B for the Dodgers, considered a somewhat shocking price at the time. Nearly 3x return in a dozen years is exactly why every one of these teams should be running "in the red" year to year.

To add to that, Astros sold for $615m. ~5.2x return in ~13 years.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My entirely pulled out my rear end predictions for the season:

Astros 94 wins and into October.
Bullshit their way into the ALCS which they take in 7.
Beat the Dodgers (or whomever knocked them out) 4-3.

I don't know about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Astros already leading the AL West :toot:

because the standings are in alphabetical order of the city

As it should be