Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

absolutely furious at the 'bring back memories of the mid-80s to 92' branding of a loving netbook.

i think it actually has a 386 or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
anyway a few years ago i actually did get a laptop from aliexpress, a BMAX Y11. it's aluminum, real thin, has a celeron n4400 and a 11" 1080p lcd, gets like 14 hours of battery life and has a surprisingly decent keyboard. i like netbooks

it came with some garbage ssd of course but it also has a slot to swap it with a different one, and i had a spare. so whose to say if its bad or not

e: i got it in 2018 so i don't remember exactly but i think it was $199

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 24, 2024