Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Duck is gone.

Actually, he has been missing since March 2019, there is still hope for Hot Duck.

Flaco is dead though, he flew into a building.

NY Times posted:

Flaco, Escaped Central Park Zoo Owl and Defier of Doubts, Is Dead
Let loose by an act of vandalism, the Eurasian eagle-owl died after apparently striking an Upper West Side building, according to the zoo.

Flaco was freed from the Central Park Zoo by a vandal in February 2023, and his subsequent sightings captivated New York City.

By Ed Shanahan

Feb. 23, 2024, 10:50 p.m. ET

Flaco, the Eurasian eagle-owl whose escape from the Central Park Zoo and subsequent life on the loose in Manhattan captured the public’s attention, died Friday night after apparently striking a building on the Upper West Side, officials said.

The Wildlife Conservation Society, which operates the zoo, said in a statement that Flaco had been found on the ground after hitting a building on West 89th Street.

Building residents contacted the Wild Bird Fund, a rescue organization, whose staff members responded quickly, retrieved him and declared him dead a short time later, the society said.

Zoo employees took him to the Bronx Zoo, where a necropsy will be performed to determine the cause of death. He would have turned 14 next month.

Flaco’s life as a free bird began on the evening of Feb. 2, 2023, when someone shredded the mesh on the modest enclosure where he had lived nearly his entire life. The police said in January that no arrests had been made and that the investigation was continuing.

“The vandal who damaged Flaco’s exhibit jeopardized the safety of the bird and is ultimately responsible for his death,” the Wildlife Conservation Society said in its statement. “We are still hopeful that the N.Y.P.D., which is investigating the vandalism, will ultimately make an arrest.”

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

I think it is best that Flaco be remembered by their accomplishments, going from a "modest enclosure" to meeting his end in what I am choosing to believe is The St. Urban, a fine pre-war co-op doorman building.

RIP Flaco.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

This thread is for the birds

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
thank god i thought you meant Big Bird

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

goodbye lkittle birdie

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That building is p nice, id fly into it too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:gas:, ban op

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Flavor Bear posted:

thank god i thought you meant Big Bird

Big birds dead inside

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
This is a lot

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
uncool bird thread :mad:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Did the cops catch the vandals tho?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Apex predator defeated by reflective glass lol

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Generic: I always hated that poster bird.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Bush lied flaco died

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
he was a peeping tom anyways

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Three Olives posted:

I think it is best that Flaco be remembered by their accomplishments, going from a "modest enclosure" to meeting his end in what I am choosing to believe is The St. Urban, a fine pre-war co-op doorman building.

RIP Flaco.

Last words were, "Owl!"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Pretty sure that bird was working for Putin anyway

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
Noooo 😔

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Dumbass bird trying to do a 9/11.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

you cant cage nature, man (cuts open enclosure, non-native bird flies out and immediately slams into a skyscraper)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

peachy... posted:

Noooo 😔

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Did you know, Mandarin ducks do not make quacky sounds.

They make chirpy sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3oRMFldFM

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

peachy... posted:

Noooo 😔

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All birds die, OP. In time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
:rip:

that's a cool looking bird

2Fetus2Tree
Jan 24, 2024
If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? Gonna fly high, free bird yeah

Bwow wow wowwowowow dow now bwow wow bow now

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This was inevitable after he joined the Browns.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I promised Flaco I'd protect him, and now he's dead :(

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
My NYC area pals seem legitimately tore up about this

It's like when that cougar from Griffith Park died :( RIP you beautiful city kid

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Every article about Flaco always includes a bit about how there are no other eurasian eagle owls here so he might get a bit crazy looking for a mate.

So it's possible the horny bird saw himself in a window and thought "finally, another eurasian eagle owl!"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Klyith posted:

Every article about Flaco always includes a bit about how there are no other eurasian eagle owls here so he might get a bit crazy looking for a mate.

So it's possible the horny bird saw himself in a window and thought "finally, another eurasian eagle owl!"

I worked with a Peregrine named Dash who got hatched by hand from an illegally obtained egg from the DDT extinction era, and was thusly human imprinted. He was a major sperm donor to the reintroduction of the Peregrine Falcon, especially in urban areas.

Being imprinted was decidedly funny for kids in school as an educational animal; it was decidedly not funny when you were doing animal care for him and your boss was a woman.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He died like he lived, a dumb bird.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

Poor Flaco, thought of getting laid and died

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Call Your Grandma posted:

I promised Flaco I'd protect him, and now he's dead :(

Way to go poo poo head. You should be ashamed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Friggin city birds. Oi, Harry, look how busy the park is today, they aughta do somethin.....

BART IM PISS
Aug 4, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Capitalist Architecture Kills A Bird

The facade of Capitalism expressed in a facade of shiny windows.

BART IM PISS fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 24, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Glass windows kill so goddamn many birds, it's kinda nuts

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Watch Biden start a war

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Thread title newspaper headline read by protagonist in hard boiled private detective pulp novel

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

I worked with a Peregrine named Dash who got hatched by hand from an illegally obtained egg from the DDT extinction era, and was thusly human imprinted. He was a major sperm donor to the reintroduction of the Peregrine Falcon, especially in urban areas.

Being imprinted was decidedly funny for kids in school as an educational animal; it was decidedly not funny when you were doing animal care for him and your boss was a woman.

What did he do?

We have a female captive imprinted owl at the tourist center where I work who doesn't get along with any of the female staff. She doesn't outright attack them but she will puff herself up and try to bully them if they get too close to her perch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
That duck looks like it's wearing a sweet jacket. They should sell those jackets.