Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I already preordered on PS5 the edition with early access. Snowrunner is an all time fav so it was a no-brainer for me. I liked the rock crawling challenges in Mudrunner so I think I'll like Expeditions: A Mudrunner Game just fine. I like the idea of dropping anchor points for winching shenanigans. The scenery in Snowrunner was one of the things that kept me playing; the environment designers really know how to make a beautiful sandbox to play around in.

I can't say I understand the gripes about this being a standalone instead of DLC or something for Snowrunner. There are enough new bits like consumables and levelling up research bases and your crew that I think warrant it being its own thing. Besides, Snowrunner has three years of DLC with a fourth on the way, it's not like they're discontinuing support for Snowrunner. Gotta have something to complain about, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Already flipped in the little tutorial section cause I drove down along a river to pick up an airdrop. Luckily the airdrop had one of the jack things to flip me back over 🫨

On PS5 there's a texture streaming issue I think where most of the terrain looks blurry and bad. No other issues so far

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Really satisfying to use the anchor and winch to drag my dumb little DON 71 up and down a cliff I definitely shouldn't be able to traverse

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah I'm enjoying it a lot so far, the emphasis on scouts and lighter trucks is welcome since those typically don't get much use in SnowRunner. I do kind of wish the expeditions were more like completing contracts in SnowRunner where you can move from one thing to the next, but I guess it makes sense so you can setup your inventory and whatnot to better tackle the objective.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The drone is a great addition. I can't tell you how many times I was trying to wend my way through a forest and wanted to be able to get out of the truck to see what tree I was stuck on and how to get past it. It's incredibly satisfying to scope out a path down a cliff with the drone and anchors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Finally finished the Squatter's Rights expedition in Arizona (I also did two tasks which involved a lot of backtracking) and got the urge for a change of scenery. Holy hell is the Carpathians map pretty