Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I started playing last night and have finished the first 4 expeditions in Colorado. I definitely have some complaints about the UI/UX. My biggest initial annoyance was after selecting and customizing trucks having to then back out to the mission screen to actually deploy with no indication that is what I needed to do. And I wish I could just grab expeditions from the map instead of going back to HQ. It creates weird breaks in the gameplay.

Gameplay-wise, I love the addition of the drone and the anchor points. Having the drone to scout out routes is chef's kiss. I'm looking forward to trying out some free roam and uncovering the whole map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

ultrachrist posted:

Select winch from the gadget menu. Works the same way as Snowrunner from that point.

How do I remove winch anchors? I didn’t think it was possible but there’s a trophy for it…

There are two kinds of anchors, one removable and one not. I haven't found any of the removable ones yet.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The cargo drone is very nice, but don't try building one with no other modules. Trying to use it locked up my game until I built a warehouse and put a jack in it first.

Once it's working, though, it gives you access to the full base inventory from anywhere on the map. So no more having to bring out a second truck just to share resources.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I love the Loadstar in Snowrunner, but I've found it disappointing so far in Expeditions. Maybe once I find the lift kit and some better tires for it. My biggest issues are the frame getting stuck on things that all the other trucks breeze by and the back end struggling for traction everywhere in Arizona.

The Actaeon has been a surprise champ. Plenty of power in a footprint not much bigger than a scout.

I hope they have more thorough bug fixes forthcoming because I'm really enjoying the mission structure and moment-to-moment gameplay.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

explosivo posted:

Also how the gently caress am I supposed to drag the PUG out of where it is? I searched all around that area for a non insane way to take that thing and I don't see any that even looks manageable.

I dragged it south and up onto the ridge with the broken arch over the water, then shoved it off the other side and continued south. After that ridge, I only found one tricky part, where I had to head downhill, make a sharp right and then winch my tow vehicle past a small rock slide that made things tippy. Once you're past that, you've got fairly open ground, it's much easier to take the long way around going east towards the ruined tower.