Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Enjoying the game so far but the UI has a lot of bugs and general problems. I've had to quit and reload the game 2-3 times because a UI element that was supposed to be there, wasn't, like the other poster that got stuck on the "Enter delivery mode" section, I did as well. Pressing x (and most other buttons) didn't work, I had to quit to main menu and reload, but at least it worked itself out after reloading. Also ran into several issues in the tutorial where I did things a little differntly or in a different order and had to go back and do them in the exact order the tutorial wanted in order to proceed.

Also lots of cases where you get a prompt like "Explore the area with the UAV" but what it actually wants you to do is drive into the highlighted square first, then pull out your drone and explore.

The meat of the game is very fun though and most of the poo poo I loved in Snowrunner is here, though the expedition system is a big step back from the previous open world IMO. Also going to miss making an unstable pile of poo poo on the back of my truck and trying to haul that somewhere without dropping it or tipping over. Oh well.

e: Also seems like less content than Snowrunner had at release.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Used a jack to flip my car over and welp.

Got a few kinks to work out. I like the the physics are still working though and pulling with a wench then releasing makes my car start bouncing focused on that wheel.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Definitely feels like the game is more work and less chill than Snowrunner. I don't like that they start charging for recovery in free roam after the first or second recovery and you have limited resources from the start and there aren't any options for changing that yet as far as I can tell. Also the lack of roads means every part of the trip is a struggle, for the most part.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
All the minigames in missions/tasks are a dumb waste of time and should be removed except maybe the "take a picture" one, which needs the controls fixed, sensitivity is way too high, not sure why it doesn't just handle like the binoculars.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Play posted:

Yeah I laughed pretty hard when I got the first one of those, all the ones before had been 'get all the fish in circular scans!' or 'hit a button when the moving point is between two lines!' in the easiest drat minigame on earth. Then I got to the photo ones, and was so frustrated because I did not realize very minor UI elements were turning green at first and thought you had to just guess exactly how they wanted it. And then with a zoomed in camera if you so much as tap the right stick the camera will go flying 90 degrees to either side.

I guess that's realistic with how a camera actually works, but god drat if it doesn't feel awful and it's not like the other minigames bother with realism.

I do like the game, but the UI, bugs, strange decisions and lack of roads kind of makes me want to play more Snowrunner than anything else. But I won't because I've already played too much of that game.

Lucky for me I've only played like 100 hours of Snowrunner so I have about 900 hours left to finish, so I think I'm going back to that for now.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Went back to Snowrunner, it's better in pretty much every way minus the drone. Not sure how they went from that game to this one, loving up the open world, map and general feel of the game so much. Feels like a B team effort.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Sitting at 54% on Steam right now compared to Snowrunner's 89-90%.

Was really excited to start playing this when I got it, it's unfortunate they missed the mark so badly IMO. I'm sure they'll be able to clear up a lot of the bugs but a lot of the problems are just bad design decisions and terrible UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

explosivo posted:

engine doesn't seem to stall, I think you are free to cruise as long as you have wheels on the ground.

Thrust via wheel rotation.