Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

It’s no secret that it brings this gamer great pleasure to drive a truck or two whilst listening to the hum of the engine, as the Spotify app serves as a sort of radio in the Bose over ears whilst playing “Snowrunner” the sequel to “Mudrunner.”

Well dropping soon is the spiritual sequel to both these games. “Expeditions, a Mudrunner Game.” And folks are in a huff. Seems they’ll be less hauling and more scouting.

It costs a whopping $70 piece and some folks are saying it should have simply dropped as snowrunner DLC. Well, optimist here! To me it’s an absolute day one cop.

The winch is a pleasure and can now be elongated or shorterened to get your truck out of any jam.

So what have we here? Optomists or haters? Any fellow day 1 coppers?

I will be streaming as soon as it drops on March 1
https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Maudib Arakkis fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Seen some screenshots on targets website interesting enough. Baffled that this game has virtually zero hype.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

explosivo posted:

Game seems to be $40 on steam, is $70 a next gen console price? Bc if so that sucks! I'm going to be waiting for reviews/impressions first. Love Snowrunner and specifically the scouting out maps part of Snowrunner, but I still think I want to see more actual gameplay first.

$70 is the “year one edition” with early access which to me was pretty much mandatory. To me snowrunner is one of the best video games

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

So far only a 13 gig downloadp

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LeFishy posted:

I'm waiting for some impressions on this but you can put me in the "Snowrunner is one of my favourite games of all time" camp so I fully expect I'll be diving in after watching 5 minutes of streams on thursday.

I wish there was some content available for the game already but I guess they're waiting for that "early access" hype.

Thursday? I thought preorders drop Friday March 1.

And the hype for this game is some of the least I’ve ever seen. It’s sad. I think it was bad or zero marketing and they were hoping snow-heads would be eager to cop. Unfortunately a lot of snow-heads seem overly skeptical and critical because of the perceived lack of hauling, crying that the whole game should have been free or cheap DLC, and a whole mess of other complaints. The subreddit has less than 200 subscribers, which is insanely low.

Maudib Arakkis fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 27, 2024

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

padijun posted:

Being able to extend the winch for rappelling is such a game changer, no more pointing your tires where you hope you’ll land

Yup. Looks like sometimes you can self install winch hookup things to hook on to as well

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

apophenium posted:

I already preordered on PS5 the edition with early access. Snowrunner is an all time fav so it was a no-brainer for me. I liked the rock crawling challenges in Mudrunner so I think I'll like Expeditions: A Mudrunner Game just fine. I like the idea of dropping anchor points for winching shenanigans. The scenery in Snowrunner was one of the things that kept me playing; the environment designers really know how to make a beautiful sandbox to play around in.

I can't say I understand the gripes about this being a standalone instead of DLC or something for Snowrunner. There are enough new bits like consumables and levelling up research bases and your crew that I think warrant it being its own thing. Besides, Snowrunner has three years of DLC with a fourth on the way, it's not like they're discontinuing support for Snowrunner. Gotta have something to complain about, I guess.

Yup, gamers gripes. They should be thankful it’s only $40 for the base version and not $70 like the AAA game it ought to be considered. Already got it downloaded. 13 gigs out the door.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

padijun posted:

just found out they added something people have been asking for for years: adjustable tire pressure

Yup. Also looks like you can have a jack to attempt to flip your vehicle back up without going all the way back to the garage.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

koshmar posted:

Update, it's just about 6PM EST and the game now shows unlocked for me in Steam.

Edit: Seconding Steam Deck, it worked without issue out of the box. Some text is a bit small but that comes with the territory. Being able to sit on the couch and trundle around is going to be awesome.

Hello!!!!!! Hoping to cop a look at this when I get home

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Xbox says it’s updating as we speak. Should have turned it on earlier. Edge of my seat here folks

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Looks like the dadgum thing won’t let me play. Will be copping an early rise tomorow

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Woke up at the crack of dawn to dive in only to find the dog had made diarrhea over everything that I had to clean before work. Now there’s scarcely any time to play

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Didn’t get to play due to dog diarrhea. FAIL!

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Spent all day on the run since cleaning dog diarrhea at 5 am and dopamine is plum depleted. I was excited about this game but thinking I shouldn’t fire it up until I can get some more dopamine

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Did the tutorial last night. Trucks and graphics feeling good.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

koshmar posted:

I flipped in that area too thinking it was where I need to go for the first expedition and had to drive my scout out to winch myself over, then I discovered what the jack did.
Can you already use two trucks at the very beginning? How do you get in the other truck if you’ve already flipped one? I was barely able to find the “recover to base” thing. Snowrunner remains very confusing

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Streaming if yall can help me with the first mission in chat or somesuch

https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

i get to the mountain and it just says "enter delivery mode" with no explanation how to do so and the game is frozen? Can't even tell if this is a bug or im suppose to somehow find delivery mode

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LeFishy posted:

“delivery mode” just means press X (on xbox controller) to open the inventory swapping window.

interesting. I finally beat the first mission. An unintuative mess but that's snowrunner for you. Had some fun climbing the heights and seeing the sights to be sure

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

Doing some epic streaming from very early in the game

https://www.twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

The verdict is in. Game is too hard. No roads.