Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It's a huge failure that this game is solo only. I have hundreds of hours in Snowrunner but no reason to pick up expeditions without the ability to play with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

explosivo posted:

The whole conceit sounds like a multiplayer forward concept which is what's confusing to me. I've never played these co-op because none of my friends share the same particular strand of brainworms as I have when it comes to these games but packing an expedition with 4 trucks then making your way across the map to another map (where trucks have to be manually moved one by one) just screams "bring friends along so everyone can drive a truck or two people can tow two trucks" instead of "do the same trip two to four times to lug all of your vehicles to the next area. It just feels like the kind of pitch that starts with "We want people to get their friends together for an offroad expedition in a new co-op spinoff" but ends with what we have now which feels sorta underbaked and unfinished.

Yeah its wild and it's not like their engine doesn't do coop. I have some friends who dont play anymore because they are gutless cowards (they are probably reading this thread) but their complaints are basically solved by multiplayer. One of them always says he hates driving back and forth fifty times, well ok even with 2 people, its cut in half, and with 2 people you can bring a bigger truck and have a winch buddy, or haul each other out of trouble. Even just having another brain to go "hmm I need steel beams oh hey i can get them there good call" helps tremendously.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The one thing that really hooked me in the trailers was being able to set grapple points so you arent hosed by pulling down all the trees around you, how's that work at least?

Edit: have they invented the power of a bucket of gravel you can stick under some wheels to get traction in mud?