Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Being able to extend the winch for rappelling is such a game changer, no more pointing your tires where you hope you’ll land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
just found out they added something people have been asking for for years: adjustable tire pressure

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
if you don't have a spare sideboard slot for a mission objective, how do you fix that? I went back to the garage and it won't let me back in. I can remove the jack screws and anchors I bought, but my bed inventory is locked.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

explosivo posted:

Any early impressions? Curious to hear what the structure of this game is. I saw people saying there's like a pre-planning thing?

I'm locked out of progress because I need to pick something up but can't figure out how to get back into the garage to free up inventory space

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ultrachrist posted:

I caved and bought it. Wasn’t playing much else.

Same exact thing happened to me. Luckily it’s like 5 min into the game and I just restarted.

PSA: don’t fill the sideboard in the first expedition. You can’t take things out (unless there is an obscure way to do this) and the mission objective needs to be put in. You can’t pick it up unless you have space.

Yeah I'm just going to delete my save and restart. Caveat emptor lol

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ultrachrist posted:

You might also be able to pause>quit to headquarters. I noticed that when I couldn’t figure out how to quit after choosing to continue when completing an expedition.

I need to work now but I had a pretty frustrating first session spent figuring basic things out. UI is a mess. Texture pop in is very bad on ps5.

I checked the pause menu and didn't notice that, but I'll check again before I restart.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Unlucky7 posted:

What is the main difference between this and Snowrunner? I still have plenty of that to go through.

it's more technical terrain and rock crawling, and almost no hauling. of the few vehicles I've gotten so far, all are relatively small compared to SR. there's also apparently base building but I haven't gotten to that part yet. If you find yourself driving around the small trails in a scout just for fun you might like it

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man I'm loving the driving but this fuckin map and ui is one of the worst I've ever seen. Also arbitrarily swapping like, 2 of the key buttons from snowrunner controls is a real dick move :argh:

The map putting a GIGANTIC pin on your truck instead of a direction indicator is really annoying, you have to zoom almost all the way in to see where your vehicle is actually pointed :barf: They need to add a SR controller scheme if they're not going to let me change the buttons

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they better loving have chat this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Nalin posted:

It just feels like people wanted SnowRunners 2 and they aren't coping with getting something else entirely. I am happy that an off-roading game in their engine exists. It's a valid avenue to explore and I've been having fun with it.

I think the score is because of how many steps backwards they took from snowrunner. expeditions launched unfinished with a really bad UI and map. I'll say it again, the lack of directional indicator on the map is a loving joke considering there's no compass in a game that's supposed to be all about exploring