Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I haven't played much yet. It's funny how the small changes in controls between this and Snowrunner has me constantly doing the wrong things. It'll take awhile to reprogram my brain. I do sort of like the change in mindset that this is more intentional driving/crawling and it alleviates the biggest issue I had with Snowrunner in that it go very old lugging stuff over the same trails over and over and over again. I think my biggest hang-up on getting into this so far is that the vehicles are the same as SR, just with more tech add-ons. I don't know why, but it just does not feel good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

explosivo posted:

Yeah, there's like 3 new trucks i think then the rest are from SR, and even then there's not a ton of variety. The special DON 71 from the Pioneer pack is unbelievably OP, feels like the car is magnetized to the ground. I wonder if they're going to nickle-and-dime us for new trucks or nickle-and-dime us for old trucks brought into Expeditions. I would love to have those Jeeps from SR in here.

I feel like this game would've really done well to launch with the starter/flagship vehicle being an older Landcruiser or some other kind of well known/legendary licensed overland vehicle.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

I feel like that score is warranted. There is a lot of good here and I appreciate some of the differences from snowrunner, but a lot of this is buggy and feels unfinished. I feel like after a few patches it'll probably be in a much better state.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Elendil004 posted:

The one thing that really hooked me in the trailers was being able to set grapple points so you arent hosed by pulling down all the trees around you, how's that work at least?

Edit: have they invented the power of a bucket of gravel you can stick under some wheels to get traction in mud?

The winch anchors are one of the best parts of the game.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

ultrachrist posted:

All my complaints are patchable. The game's problem(s) aren't related to the core design. The core game is actually quite good. It's hard to square the meticulously designed maps with the awful, unfinished UI. I've mostly got used to it and I STILL deployed to the wrong base yesterday. They shot themselves in the foot by not delaying a month to fix and finish a bunch of crap.

Yes, agreed. Good core gameplay, just some very unfinished, early access feeling stuff going on currently. I'd guess in a couple months it'll be quite solid.