Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I discovered around two years ago US comics became easily available in my part of Europe and proceeded to subscribe to a few, and since I’ve been poisoned by Star Trek, a few titles made their way on my list. I’ve just cancelled the main series and Defiant, there was just no joy in reading them.

Compared to Star Wars comics, Star Trek is just a never ending rehashing of the same characters and settings. The current story line in Defiant has Worf commanding the Defiant with a mix of people from all the 90’s trek series. The main series has Sisko commanding another set of mainline characters. The writing makes everyone sound the same and nothing like their original characters. There’s also an attempt at some Hickmanesque charts and letters poo poo, but this all reads like somebody’s power fantasy about section whatever the gently caress and how classified everything is. I guess the art is ok, and it’s a shame it’s not getting used for better sci-fi.

Having said that, there are some enjoyable series. The Strange New Worlds series has a limited pool of characters and needs to be more creative, and it kinda works, though of course Spock and Kirk are shoehorned into the plot. The Lower Decks mini-series was fantastic, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU