Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

This thread is lacking Fuji gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know if the show is going to care enough to say, so I guess I'll ask a book reader:

What happened to Blackthorne's crew? Are they living in the lap of luxury in Edo or shivering a different hole in the ground or all dead?

Has there been any new stew being made?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

should be Temu Hardy in the Japans.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Is Toranaga gonna do an asspull towards the end of the series?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Would wearing a helmet saved Failson from a lovely death? He should have worn the dong helmet while storming the brothel.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

So blackthorne can order food and household supplies. Good for him, he can live the life of a digital nomad in Edo.

Blackthorne is living the ultimate weeb life.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I hope we get more Fuji reactions in the remaining episodes.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Was Afro Samurai a samurai?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

XYZAB posted:

I have a suspicion that the finale might be 90 minutes to really ham up the suspense. Anybody able to find that info a week in advance?

Edit: This online TV guide gives it a 90 minute block, but if that's with commercials, then they must all have been taking up 90 minutes, because each episode is a solid 50-60 minutes without commercials.

The hulu app indicates a runtime of 63 minutes.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

snoremac posted:

I wouldn't mind an effortpost on how exactly Mariko swung Ochiba to Toranaga's side and how Yabu's betrayal plays into this.

My best guess is that Ochiba and Mariko go back as childhood best friends. Although Mariko's father hosed poo poo up, I don't think Ochiba harbored any true resentment to her. Ochiba knows she needs to wheel and deal if she wants to keep herself and heir alive, so she sided with Ishido.

With Mariko's death, everyone knows Ishido orchestrated it, so it sowed division among the regents, especially the christian ones.

Toranaga knew Yabu plays both sides and figured Ishido would try to cut him a deal in handling Mariko's protest of being held captive.

At that point, Ochiba knew that Ishido had no power over the remaining regents, so it was easier to cut him out and the bring the rest in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

snoremac posted:

Based on that dream sequence showing the armies gathered I wonder if they had the budget left to make a good looking battle anyway.

They could just weaved in gameplay from this classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogun:_Total_War