Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

skooma512 posted:

Watching the Wire if you’ve never seen it is not a bad idea either way, especially if you’re waiting for more Shogun.

Yeah seriously

You could do a lot worse than the greatest tv show of all time!

OP's comparison is pretty apposite, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

withak posted:

LMFAO at posting in a prestige TV thread but somehow not having watched The Wire.

C'mon bud no need to be exclusionary about it

Everyone's got a Something Canonical they've not got round to yet

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

It's always a good sign when you're pleased to see most, or all, of the characters turn up.

Yabu owns, Toranaga owns, Ishida is really cool, Mariko is doing great work, Fuji possibly even better, and even though I was baffled by his acting choices to start with, I now super enjoy Temu Hardy as well

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

XYZAB posted:

Blackthorne: "The Earth is a 4 corner simultaneous 4 – day time cube, like this. When the Sun shines upon Earth, 2 – major Time points are created on opposite sides of Earth – known as England, which is here, and the Japans, which is here."

Toranaga: "..."

Lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

How prevalent would violence be in an average samurai's life through the eras? Would it be possible to be the lord of some nowhere place and be professionally trained in Violence but never get into a scrap? Or was it basically a given that if you were born into a samurai family you were definitely gonna have to kill a guy at some point.

I recognise that's a hugely broad question and the answer would vary enormously depending on where and when we're talking

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

stev posted:

Fucks sake, I was about to start watching this and now I don't know if I want to anymore.