Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Do you reckon they kept in the scene where multiple Japanese women gasp at how huge Blackthorne's cock is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
big-arse mary when

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Phenotype posted:

How does being a missionary to a place like that work, anyway? You show up on a boat, and you just start randomly talking to people like "hey, there's this dude called jesus and he loves you very much"? How does Christianity get a foothold there?

"Convert to Jesus, daimyo-sama, and we can trade with you as fellow Christians. And we just happen to have a boat filled with guns and gunpowder out in the bay. You know, the kind of technology your local rivals don't have."

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
is lone wolf and cub the proto taken? just a regular CIA Agent / Shogun's Top Decapitator dad going mental because someone threatened his kids

e: lmao just looked up shogun assassin and i'd forgotten the tagline is 'meet the greatest team in the history of mass slaughter'

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
no toranaga bellyflop 0/10

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

uhh, I mean it wasn't a catastrophic "I just poo poo myself / died" bellyflop

this is the bellyflop content i crave, anything less is just woke pandering

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
been said a lot, but fuji immediately sticking the gun in the samurai's face while pulling up her sleeve presumably for etiquette reasons ruled loving hard

also blackthorne apparently stopped off at world war one before he got to japan, where'd he get those mega cannons? :thunk:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

YaketySass posted:

There's a whole thing where Japan is idealized as this patriarchal trad country untouched by wokeness, so I can ses how downplaying Clavell's sillier aspects would piss off youtube freaks and such.

i thought oriental fembois like BTS were part of the woke problem!!!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
toranaga has a belly, which is why his belly flop (not presented in show) is so absolutely devastating and no one must laugh at it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
look im pretty sure if you're getting into a sea battle in 1590 - 1600 the absolute one dude you do not want getting merked is the guy who knows how to get home

anjin-san absolutely sat in the fridge in the captain's cabin any time swords came into play

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
update: now he sits in the fridge and casts summon fuji

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
#tfw ur wife wont commit suicide with you and u gotta decapitate ur dad

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
masters of the air has two legitimately great episodes, if you like hunks having a bad time in planes and you can get an apple subscription for free its absolutely worth your time

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the only thing you need to know about ninjas is that one of them hid in a toilet and stabbed a dude up the arse when he sat down to take a poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

withak posted:

I would not hide in the toilet to stab a guy up the arse. Just stab him the normal way IMO.

u probably dont want to know how to channel ur ki into a hadouken either

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
book spoilers about next week's episode

i don't remember yabu being involved in the ninja attack at all, nor the scene on the beach where he smacks blackthorne around... so they're 100% setting up blackthorne finding out about the betrayal and getting revenge on him, right? possibly at sekigahara, which the advertising has shown we're going to see a little bit of?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jamwad Hilder posted:

speaking of Sekigahara though, it seems pretty likely that we're going to get an ending similar to the book and no "epic battle" scene, which I think is for the best to be honest.

There were shots of a big clash of armies used several times in advertising, so we're at least getting something. but it might just be a masters of the air d-day situation where the entirety of it was used in the adverts. i think at least we're gonna see blackthorne splatter some dudes with his cannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the only thing i know about blue eye samurai is that it has a japanese cover of for whom the bell tolls in it

and i cant conceive of how that show and shogun could be called similar other than 'in japan'