Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
lolwut at not-Tokugawa going "race you to the shore?" and diving in with a full set of heavy cotton undergarments

mfer's gonna straight up drown start of next ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody earlier likened it to Chernobyl and yeah that is the last time I remember a series just utterly blowing me away in every aspect of its production just being flawless.

Edit: Andor was probably the next closest, but Shogun really does feel like something special.

nobody remembers The Americans :( we've seen FX kill at historical dramas in the recent past!

that said dear god i hate the stylistic distorted and blurry af wide angle lens they use on half the shots, i mean goddamn you can see (straight) lines with massive curves along the edges

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

As someone else pointed out, the costumes are doing a lot of the heavy work in that regard. Combined with good lighting and good to great cinematography...it just looks amazing and has all the grandiosity one would expect from a top tier studio.

the wide open anamorphics are killing me sometimes tho

like i get it's an aesthetic but that loving barrel distortion on the shoji door with all the lines that should clearly be straight aaaaaaaa