Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Another great episode. So many good moments - I particularly liked Mariko saying “Our every gesture is being observed” in the tea house and Blackthorne immediately doing a 360 degree turn to see where the sex noise was coming from while still walking forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

MeinPanzer posted:

This was a fantastic episode. The one thing that I found a bit unconvincing, though, is that Mariko could ever think that her standing in front of the explosives would do much to shield everyone else, given her size.
Mariko wanted to die and getting blown the gently caress up while a guest in Ishido's castle benefits her lord politically, so it's a win-win. I didn't get the sense that Toranaga rejected her earlier request for death because he disagreed with her reasons - it seemed more likely that he wouldn't let Ochiba's BFF die when she could still serve a purpose.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

‘A History of Japan’ by Richard Mason gives a broad overview and covers a lot of cultural history so it isn’t just a list of battles and big names.