Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ty Lee seems fine though but we’ll see if the actress can be quite as acrobatic as her animated counterpart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BRJurgis posted:

Fandom is weird. Reminded me of how irritated I was when they remade total recall and robocop.

In my defense, those were already live action, had cool physical effects, and were done masterfully by Verhoven. Plus I heard those remakes were just soulless cash grabs that predictably sucked.
Yeah I remember seeing the trailers for those and just thinking they looked so dull and generic. Like I didn't mind they were both going for a different take, as the original exist so why bother doing it exactly the same, but they different take they had was just to make them as generic as possible.

Seemed like films that were just made as the studios remember the had the rights to the original. Haven't had a chance to watch the netflix avatar yet, but it at least sounds like there trying something a bit new for a reasons, even if the writers reportedly suck with adding in far to much unneeded exposition everywhere.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The RoboCop remake had one interesting idea: we want to keep the human part in control because people won't accept a fully robot police officer, but it makes him less good at murder so we'll just have the computer make him think he's making the decisions. But it wasn't enough to make the film worth watching, and they didn't really do anything cool with it

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The Avatar podcast hosted by Korra and Zuko's voice actors interviewed the director of the new animated movie coming in October 2025. She wasn't able to reveal anything about it, but it is cool to hear how down to earth people who work in animation are. Such a change from dealing with live action directors. Dante Basco was so taken with industry terms like 'pencil mileage' and 'shape language'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYvfyOT6Q64

Also fun how strong the connection between the DCAU Bruce Timm/Paul Dini series is to Avatar. Because basically anyone with strong action storyboarding experience in US tv worked on Justice League, etc. so Avatar hired a boatload of those people. And brought on the voice director from those shows as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ccs posted:

Also fun how strong the connection between the DCAU Bruce Timm/Paul Dini series is to Avatar. Because basically anyone with strong action storyboarding experience in US tv worked on Justice League, etc. so Avatar hired a boatload of those people. And brought on the voice director from those shows as well.

Well if you want quality you get Andrea Romano. This has been true for ages.