Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
So there was an event in Glasgow, Scotland calling itself the Willy's Chocolate Experience that promised guests a "journey filled with wondrous creations and enchanting surprises at every turn" for only 35 pounds and boy did they deliver:

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1762235022851948668

Oof, that doesn't look so great. At least their AI advertisements were spellchecked beforehand, right?

It turned out to be an attraction so bad it frightened children, got the cops called and made the news: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/czrlr3dw2x3o.amp

BBC News posted:

A post from organisers, House of Illuminati, in January described the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-themed event as where "dreams become reality".

Wait, the organizers are called House of Illuminati? Let's see their website:

quote:

Welcome to the House of Illuminati, a realm where fantasy and reality converge to create unparalleled immersive experiences. Our journey is fueled by a passion for blending art, technology, and storytelling into unforgettable events. From avant-garde performances to grand interactive galas, each event is a meticulously crafted adventure, designed to evoke wonder and inspire the imagination. At the House of Illuminati, we’re not just organizing events; we’re crafting extraordinary experiences that linger in your memories, inviting you to explore the extraordinary and step beyond the ordinary.

Huh, a bunch of AI art and a cookie-cutter filler mission statement. Surely they gotta have some actual material to back it up? Oh hey some photos of their past events:

Yep, those sure are some warehouses draped with slinky's. How long have they been doing this hustle?

Oh.

Anyways, don't get swindled by obvious AI-fueled scams; or do, you can at least get some cool photos portraying our current techno-capitalist nightmare and also underpaid oompa-loompa actors looking like they're overdue for their smoke break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You're too late bro.

Who is making all these threads

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I thought I just posted in this thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess not. Anyway, I love a good scam

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Sorry op we already have a thread on this