Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I haven't eaten at a Fast Food joint since the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I wonder if there was any tangible impact to the Wendy's stock price after they announced they planned to give their customers a huge middle finger.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Catastrophe posted:

I wonder if there was any tangible impact to the Wendy's stock price after they announced they planned to give their customers a huge middle finger.

Gonna buy that dip

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Be me, an elite investor....

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Secks Cauldron posted:

Apparently Dave and Busters and a bunch of chain restaurants are now considering doing surge pricing. gently caress Wendy's for putting that poo poo out there

I actually heard about Dave & Buster’s doing this before I heard about Wendy’s doing it

Basically any place that has their menus online versus printed, congratulations you’re paying surge pricing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the local chinese takeout place, get this, they charge a different price for same food depending on whether you buy it at lunch or dinner. they call it a "lunch special".

c'mon, who do they think they're fooling? this is textbook surge pricing and the bastards have been doing it for years.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

the local chinese takeout place, get this, they charge a different price for same food depending on whether you buy it at lunch or dinner. they call it a "lunch special".

c'mon, who do they think they're fooling? this is textbook surge pricing and the bastards have been doing it for years.

Teapot starts boiling!!!!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Catastrophe posted:

Garbage chart, the axes aren't labeled. Can't make any meaningful interpretations here.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Well I mean to be fair, Dave’s Singles are only going to be $1 during March Madness, and a double is going to be two, regardless of “time of day,” seems like reverse surging to me.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

going to be burging hard and watching hoops.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Wendigee posted:

Pretty sure it's already defined in law that after you've paid they have no right to stop you from leaving a store open to the public. You absolutely can walk past someone "checking receipts" and they can't do poo poo to you unless it's like Sam's club or Costco where it's a membership driven store.

I was talking to someone who's getting their security guard license this week and at least here this is absolutely true

If they're unarmed they literally can do nothing except call the cops. If they're armed they have the legal authority to stop them. Armed costs more though so guess what most guards are!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Aren't stores insured for stuff? Like at the end of Do The Right Thing, the owners got insurance money.

If a store had a significant amount of products stolen, wouldn't they have insurance to cover their loss?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Aren't stores insured for stuff? Like at the end of Do The Right Thing, the owners got insurance money.

If a store had a significant amount of products stolen, wouldn't they have insurance to cover their loss?

Would insurance pay out if you just go “yeah I knew people were stealing but I did absolutely nothing whatsoever to curb that”

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

A Strange Aeon posted:

They are to a degree and they build shoplifting losses into their P&L

That being said, I'm sure insurers have a clause that states something like you have to take precautions against shoplifting for this to be in effect/compliance because otherwise there's no point in insuring them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Remember that Walmart cop that emptied his magazine into a guy in a wheelchair who was stealing a $40 toolbox

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Remember that Walmart cop that emptied his magazine into a guy in a wheelchair who was stealing a $40 toolbox

lol posted:

Remington's attorney, Mike Storie, told The Associated Press that the officer "had no non-lethal options."

"He did have a taser, but in his mind, he couldn't use it because he didn't feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards," Storie said.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

case dismissed, btw

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I’m pretty sure if I was hiring armed security for my retail business one of my interview questions would be about if they can outrun and restrain a wheelchair guy without the need to fire a weapon into a human repeatedly.

But hey that’s just me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol of course

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I mean the alleged “victim” didn’t even show up to give testimony.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The victim had fentanyl in their system

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m pretty sure if I was hiring armed security for my retail business one of my interview questions would be about if they can outrun and restrain a wheelchair guy without the need to fire a weapon into a human repeatedly.

But hey that’s just me

You'll never run a Wal-Mart with that attitude.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

The victim had fentanyl in their system

"They were no angel."

:patriot:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The only reason people are turning on this latest bit of abject fuckery is they didn't do the obvious thing and just raise all of their prices, then "lower" them during slow periods and call it a discount.

They'll figure that out in a few minutes and everybody will loving love being overcharged when it's busy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Time_pants posted:

That is far too many bros per pizza.

Too many bros ruin the pizza

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

A Strange Aeon posted:

idk why my neighbor is mad at me for setting his car on fire its insured

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

get his rear end PH

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

pencilhands posted:

But in that situation, your neighbor gets a check from the insurance company and can get a new car of equivalent or even better value, depending on their policy.

Unless they lost something sentimental that they kept in their car for some reason, you were probably doing them a favor.

If you set fire to it overnight, you even gave your neighbor a flawless excuse to miss work the next day.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

A Strange Aeon posted:

But in that situation, your neighbor gets a check from the insurance company and can get a new car of equivalent or even better value, depending on their policy.

Unless they lost something sentimental that they kept in their car for some reason, you were probably doing them a favor.

If you set fire to it overnight, you even gave your neighbor a flawless excuse to miss work the next day.

Almost no one benefits from their car getting totaled

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

500excf type r posted:

Almost no one benefits from their car getting totaled

youre totaled

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

just use your phone max your coverage while youre upside down in your rolled over car bing bong the general hates this

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Worf posted:

youre totaled

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

pencilhands posted:

lol hmm ironclad metaphor

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A Strange Aeon posted:

entertaining him without stating the obvious that loss of product inside the building is not comparable to a torched ride remotely. fucks sake it's PENCILHANDS

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I see the point but......

"I lost X number of products that I paid Y dollars for and was going to sell for Z dollars give me money to compensate me for the loss" is a bit different than "my vehicle was burned to the ground, similar used models are currently selling for somewhere between XXX dollars and YYY dollars, but mine was better because it had lower mileage/desirable option, was in better shape" and so on is not quite so cut and dried. The insurance company can try and screw you and give you a lowball offer when the actual value of your car is something that is so variable vs you paid this much for your stolen merchandise and were going to sell it for that much.

Also a bigger retailer probably has lawyers to fight that insurance company if necessary to get more money, your average Joe Scumbag car owner probably doesn't.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cumpantry posted:

fucks sake it's PENCILHANDS

he's a great poster

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
:whitewater:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019