Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

mds2 posted:

I see this leading to Popeye's Chicken Sandwich levels of fast food violence.

lol i went to my local popeye's and ordered a meal and they're like "lol we're out of the meal size cups is it okay if we give you a larger cup" and I was like uh, sure I don't care and then they upcharged me for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Analyzing data points to find the cheapest nug sauce for lunch

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

wendy's can do whatever they want but as soon as they take away the 4 for $5 they are dead to me like so many before them

it was 4 for $5 when you got in line but the three people in front of you each got it so it's now 4 for $7.20

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

"Surge deez nutz"

"Sir this is a Wendy's drive thru"

"I know"

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Is paying a surcharge to get face deep in a Baconator what finally gets America off

I wouldn't pay to go down on your mom OP

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

they still have the best spicy chicken sandwich, so... yeah

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Prettz posted:

they still have the best spicy chicken sandwich, so... yeah

nope. thats popeyes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nope. thats popeyes

yup

I wonder how many wendy's spicys you can get for one popeye's spicy on the open market

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I actually saw this at a BK in the late 1980s. It was at our favorite joint to go to when we were stoned at late night. In the drive thru we ordered our standard crap; same as most weekends. We get to the pay window and it was twice as much as normal. Like $30 instead of the normal $15. The guy driving just laughed, took the curb across the lawn into the parking lot next door to get out of line and just laughed. We hit up a cheap as heck Taco Bravo for something like $8 instead.

That BK was gone in less than a year. Driving by it, I'd guess their amount of customers dropped by 90%.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

my Baconator is getting enshittified :cry:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

thinking to diversify my portfolio and leverage these popeye's spicy sandwiches against wendy's futures

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Business analysts are the worst loving creatures on earth

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
$20 million on fast food menu renovations? cheap asses

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
READ: 5 Gasp Worthy Wendy Clap-backs on X Surge To Get You Salivating

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

maybe when Wendy's stock price eats poo poo over this, Elon can buy them and rename them X

X: Burgers Happen Here. They Just Do.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
so if the menu's price's too high, can i just sit in line and wait till they make it cheaper? i'll put together a mixtape

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
honestly this is starting to look more like haggling's viable in the drive thru at Wendy's now. Yes ma'am I see those fries look good but $3 is too rich for what I'm drivin, how about you toss in a Frosty and we'll make it $4 clean. i can wait. couple ketchup packets too

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
this is an incredibly stupid idea and i am envious of the coked up frat bros who got someone to pay them millions for it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

How can we work the sad Scottish AI Wonkaland into this idiotic schemescam

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nooner posted:

Cheeseburger, fries, and a shake still like $8 at in n out, get rekt non bestcoasters

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nope. thats popeyes
popeyes doesn't have a spicy chicken sandwich, they have a regular sandwich with a little blob of spicy sauce. and some of the worst fries ever.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
this is wild poo poo yeah

I hope it costs them big enough to put them at risk (are they a major player anymore, I dunno), and sends a message, but who knows

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
All of you are going to spend your precious time complaining and denying yourself the gift of Dave Thomas, and I'm going to be hooked up with all the $.048 Big Bacon Classics I desire.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

TheBuilder posted:

All of you are going to spend your precious time complaining and denying yourself the gift of Dave Thomas, and I'm going to be hooked up with all the $.048 Big Bacon Classics I desire.

Lol look at this loser, I bet you eat all of those 4 cent burgers and don't even sell a single one for profit at the Wendy's across town :rolleyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I'll just straight up stop going to Wendy's. Fast food is already so loving expensive now anyway. I can't imagine the moron who came up with this genius idea. I'm sure it'll go swimmingly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheBuilder posted:

I can safely guarantee you that prices won't go down.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

TheBuilder posted:

the real kicker is the price will never drop below today's

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

baconators, frostys and daves classics have huuuuuge upside potential with very little downside

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Mozi posted:

it was 4 for $5 when you got in line but the three people in front of you each got it so it's now 4 for $7.20

Genuinely curious what's going to happen when people see the item they were going to get go up in price while they're waiting in line.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Im just going to put in my order; block the drivethru and wait for prices to crash.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I don't often wish death on people, I've really cleaned up my attitude lately. Been meditating and all that.

Gonna have to sit and stare at a pretty rock or something for a long time over this one, though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What's really cool about this is that it will let Wendy's pay their employees more when they are busier and call it surge pay.

And by employees I mean their executives on the board.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Funny how the surge prices only go up and there’s never a matinee price where it’s 2:15 on a Tuesday so the burger is a dollar.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just bought $20000 worth of puts on baconators @ $8.39 that expire at 9pm tonight. As long as the price goes down I'll be up a few g-stacks by tomorrow

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DicktheCat posted:

I don't often wish death on people, I've really cleaned up my attitude lately. Been meditating and all that.

Gonna have to sit and stare at a pretty rock or something for a long time over this one, though.

Yup. Regular inflation isn’t good enough anymore, now the shareholders demand constant increase on the hour.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll gladly pay you $29.99 a month on Tuesdays for a Baconator today.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wendy's doesn't have the clout to be trying this poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Saalkin posted:

For real. Their quality has steadily gone down (at least by me) for the past 20 years.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For $19.99 a month you can join Only Wendy's Fans and avoid paying the surge prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Saalkin posted:

not anywhere close lmao