Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Wendy's doesn't have the clout to be trying this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If taco bell does this I'm going on a murder spree.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm kind of surprised this is done by Wendy's and not Ubisoft for the world's first AAAA video game imo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

To be honest I've never seen the kind of lines Starbucks and Chic Fil-A pull at Wendy's, those guys should be the ones piloting this crap

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Smugworth posted:

To be honest I've never seen the kind of lines Starbucks and Chic Fil-A pull at Wendy's, those guys should be the ones piloting this crap

don't need surge pricing when you're slammed all the time :smug:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"We're making our food more expensive whenever our customers want it the most" isn't a winning strategy when you're selling food

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Gonna be rad when this inexplicably works out for them like Netflix, then the 3:35am burger still costs more than one does now, and everywhere decides to do it for every product.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

Gonna be rad when this inexplicably works out for them like Netflix, then the 3:35am burger still costs more than one does now, and everywhere decides to do it for every product.

this is what's gonna happen fyi

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Just order your Baconator w/Frosty during the 4am slump and wait until it congeals into a cooled mass of fatty tissue hits peak value at 3pm for maximum enjoyment.

I can't wait for this system to be adopted in other marketable areas, like prescription medication

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

CubanMissile posted:

If you bite into some paper that's because there's ads in the burger too

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's incredible how dumb the richest man in the world is.

"lower"

lmao.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Consider joining Wendy's+ for 9.99 a month or 99.99 per year. Benefits include locked-in menu pricing, free delivery, and great offers and discounts from Wendy's and our partners.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

No sir you need to show us the correct subscription card to access that portion of the menu, no this subscription card you have for $150/year only gives you access to level 1 of the specialty burgers, if you'd like to have the baconator i can have an associate come over and go through payment plans for level 2 access subscription

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
New Wendy's+ Membership Lets You Pay The Same Burger Price 24/7 Anywhere You Want, only $29.99 monthly, 14% discount for annual tiers

edit nevermind smug beat me by 7 minutes cuz im a dumbass

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

big nipples big life posted:

If taco bell does this I'm going on a murder spree.

theyre already taking my gordita crunch, i'm thinking of crunching their bones

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah you loving moron. They're doing it to save the customer money by lowering prices during low demand.

Piece of poo poo.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Should be mandatory at any dumb location that constantly backs up into the road (looking at you chicken filet)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Planning all my meals and shopping in the next decade around surge pricing.

Need groceries? Sorry only affordable at 3am.

Need a bite to eat on a long drive? Plan your stops by time.

Need to poop in public but all the pay to poo stalls have surge pricing so just hold it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Be sure to plan major medical events like pregnancies and back surgeries in the off-season!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

satanic splash-back posted:

Be sure to plan major medical events like pregnancies and back surgeries in the off-season!

:stay::siren:

Alright your subtotal is $20,000 but you had this baby in September and we were pretty busy today with motorcycle accidents so after surge pricing that will come out to $37,000.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do I get some kind of bonus if I surge price an Uber to the Wendy's?

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

Planning all my meals and shopping in the next decade around surge pricing.

Need groceries? Sorry only affordable at 3am.

Need a bite to eat on a long drive? Plan your stops by time.

Need to poop in public but all the pay to poo stalls have surge pricing so just hold it.

Ok partner, we bought the deep freeze so we can stockpile food, time to spend the next three weekends planning out buying food, did you update the spreadsheet with the holidays, sporting events, concerts etc? Ok, does it have the most popular birthday months? Perfect, did you download the app where you can secretly plan your shopping with others so we don't surge? No, that one isn't good anymore the grocery stores monitor it, get the other one

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
IT'S SURGING IT'S SURGING, PULL OUT! PULL OUT GODDAMNIT!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

they'll juice the numbers by slashing employment hours to and through the bone and into the succulent marrow inside and declare it a success for one financial quarter and then every place else will copy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Beginning to think capitalism was a mistake/idiocracy was a documentary etc

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i bet they could have more subtly done this by just continuing to increase main menu prices and then doing SUDDEN HOTT BURG DROPPZ IF YOU BUY A BACONATOR WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR IT'S ONLY $4 (limit 1)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im sure surge pricing will mean the staff are paid more when its busy :)

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bradzilla posted:

capitalism rules. guess i'm done ever eating at wendy's

^ this and every time i go to wendies they are busy because their slow af. i dont mind them being slow af but if youre gonna be slow af and cause surge pricing ill just stop going there

hemale in pain posted:

im sure surge pricing will mean the staff are paid more when its busy :)

if it is ill reconsider my stance but i highly doubt it. they have one of the worst hourly wages in fast food

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I was joking. Eat the rich.

the delivery job i do has variable pay and its just an excuse to pay us less

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Give me a half coke, half diet coke--oh poo poo the diet coke costs more now? Okay give me a 3/4 coke, 1/4 diet coke, because I'm watching my figure AND my wallet!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bring back the classic fries and the old smashburg patties and charge me what thou whilst.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

So nice how we seem to be moving quicker and quicker towards Bladerunner/Cyberpunk 2077 style dystopian capitalism

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I should have stopped giving all these motherfuckers money the moment they all switched to those fake rear end brioche buns that don’t work well on burgers.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

So this is just an idiot tax then I guess?

This seems most beneficial to anybody in competition with Wendy’s. I’d rather eat at a gas station than have Wendy’s tell me my food was more expensive because I came in to eat during lunch or dinner hours.

I’d rather not eat at all

They’re basically done as soon as TikTok gets ahold of a surge priced burger receipt off a highway rest stop in a nice zip code

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Sir, this was a Wendys.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There's been four Hardees that have been closed locally because of poor upper management. There's nothing about fast food that is bulletproof.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Darth Brooks posted:

There's been four Hardees that have been closed locally because of poor upper management. There's nothing about fast food that is bulletproof.

It’s like the lowest common denominator of food, literally they are in competition with gas stations. Did Hoteling do a theory of French fries

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder if the franchisees are concerned or if they think this is a gold rush. Probably the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In other fast food news, Joe Biden fulfilled his promise to make anime real and as of today many McDonalds locations changed their name to WcDonalds in honor of the manga and anime trope used to avoid copyright infringement.