Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Invalid Validation posted:

Wonder if they could have put mud on the bucket to plug the holes?

I probably would have tried pressing it against my chest to block at least a couple holes on that side, use one hand to block the bottom hole, and then wrap my arm around as many of the ones left as I could. Didn’t get a good look at exactly how many holes there were but I think I could get it down to just one or two open ones

E: :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I think it's just that they're using local chefs who know of pizza from American movies and TV but it's never really played a prominent role in their lives. So you ask them to make some pizza and they have no loving clue what normally goes on pizza, so you get weird poo poo like whole green olives and hot dog slices and chunks of broccoli, and then you leave it out in the sun for a couple hours while Jeff does a few takes and you get these monstrosities.

Although after 15 days of eating nothing but papaya and rice I'd still absolutely gently caress up that "pizza"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

tbh if I were Hunter in that situation I probably wouldn't have played my idol either -- I just assumed that if you're at the point of panic-whispering votes during Tribal you're probably past the point of subterfuge.

Everyone else made the right call though. At this point if you're not salivating to be sitting next to Q and Venus at final 3 you're an idiot, no matter how annoying they are at camp

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Rubber Chicken posted:

I think more people just like him though. Don't overlook how many jurors over the years just vote for people they actually like and ignore the gameplay spreadsheet

tbh if I were on the jury that's pretty much exactly what I would do. You already did all the gameplay you needed to do to be here sitting in front of me, and I have to decide which one of you becomes a millionaire. "Do you deserve this money" is a much more important factor to me than "Did you play this silly made-up TV game the best"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

STING 64 posted:

you have won a reward challenge. you can either have survivor pizza for yourself or applebees for you and friends. what do you choose, goon?

I would rather eat my own poo poo than roll the dice with Survivor pizza

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I do wonder how much Venus maybe could have chilled if people hadn’t iced her out so early. It seems a bit chicken or egg. She was playing a little too hard out of the gate and got labeled for it and ostracized because she was on a tribe that never had to go to tribal. But like maybe if anyone had been willing to play with her she could have found a balance. There was that whole Soda thing where apparently they had a game relationship and then Soda just iced her out. It seems like that kind of just made Venus more paranoid and anxious to play.

Yeah this is my thinking too. Tevin was leading the charge against her Day 1 before she ever really had a conversation with anyone, and iirc his motivation was essentially "Parvati was hot and really dangerous to associate with :: Venus is also hot, and so also might be dangerous as well?"

Rubber Chicken posted:

But who knows? Not us

But on the other hand, this. We only know what the producers deign to show us, it's useless to try to read tea leaves that have already been arranged for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Kass in Cagayan was completely iced out, but iirc she was the last person voted out before Final so she only really spent a couple days there