Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Purely off of vibe read:

Pony: Randen
Poison: Maria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jelinski seems pretty cool... Oh nevermind, the fucker put me in last place in the fantasy league.

My "the purple team look like they should own at challenges" strategy for the first episode sure didn't pay off lmao

I think I would have screamed if they didn't vote Jelinsky out so I am glad they did

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

njsykora posted:

I was laughing extremely hard at that, really established that he was a full idiot.

It was incredible. His full denial at constantly giving up was mind blowing too. I'm honestly surprised nobody called him out for giving up on the puzzle in the challenge too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheCenturion posted:

What, you don't use words like 'octothorpe' in casual conversation?

Debatable. "I have a pair of sandwiches" means exactly the same thing as 'I have two sandwiches.' "A pair of students today presented a project on Left Handed Screwdrivers" and "Two students today presented a project on Left Handed Screwdrivers" means the same thing.

But on the other hand, you probably wouldn't refer to those two students as 'a group,' despite the fact that there can be a group of two, and a group project can have two workers on it.

Language is confusing and arbitrary.

Either way, he certainly will go down as a Survivor legend. Just not the kind of legend he wanted to be. See? There's that confusion again.

and another thing, why do they call them a "pair" of pants when you only have one!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

Sex and Race are usually pretty weak compared to "i like being around these people and do not want to kill them" in terms of alliance stability.

I think it mostly comes down to trust, and alliances of convenience tend to have a lot less of that than alliances formed through actual bonds.

Also after watching two episodes I really want to switch my poison to Liz lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, Jelinsky being a total quitter is just something you can't really plan for I think.

Also hard agree with everyone else that it should be ok for someone to be pulled for a day to get basic medical attention. It's already a disadvantage to them in the game because they're missing out on everything happening in the game + their tribe may worry they're a liability and vote them out anyway. Super bummed for Randen :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Losing my mind trying to imagine being an IRL friend of Bhanu and feeling socially obligated to continue attending his watch parties

internally screaming at this thought

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think this cast has a lot of potential now that Bhanu is gone so I don't have to skip half the episode.

I normally hate the sob stories and whatnot but I really enjoyed Tevin's bit with the fish.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

obliriovrons posted:

Hey the seventh episode of the season is named Episode Several

Can't wait for next season, Survivor Fortyseveral

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I'm two episodes behind but what do y'all mean "she doesn't know how to jump"? Like the act of standing up too much so that you are off the ground for a second, or like a proper specific jump like long jumping?

She admitted to the tribe that she can't jump so there was a montage of them trying to teach her to jump

Girl had like a 4 inch vertical

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I feel like she thinks jumping is lifting your legs up into the air instead of pushing your feet down into the ground

I could not figure out how she was so bad at it but drat this is the perfect way to describe it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STING 64 posted:

i def think anyone from this thread would have smoked that challenge in maybe one or two minutes tho

I might have done worse than Hunter tbqh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/outplaypuzzles/status/1775566083061137703

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think I've said this before but Rupert has got to be the weirdest/dumbest fan favorite I've ever seen because he has like zero likable qualities for me. He was even an rear end in a top hat on TAR iirc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leatherhead posted:

I was on the fence about whether I should drop Q from my roster for Charlie or Liz, and I'm pretty sure at this point I should have. Charlie I can see getting clipped to 'weaken' Maria. Liz feels like she's gonna slide right through to like final 6 and then suddenly everyone's going to give a bunch of confessionals about how dangerous she is and she'll go out at the beginng of the finale.

Ah crap I forgot to update my roster for the merge. I blame the copious amount of painkillers I've been on the last week.

I saw a take on reddit about how the editors are probably robbing us of way more drama at camp because this cast seems to absolutely hate each other and I'm pretty sure it's true. Show me the BEEF, cowards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I watched the sneak previews they post on youtube and I continue to be entertained by this tribe being a bunch of people that hate each other

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mp5 posted:

Way too soon to undermine your number one ally but everyone in this stupid cast has terminal cases of Big Move-itis

This is every cast in the "new era"

That was an extremely fun episode and I'm glad I didn't skip tribal like I usually do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been trying to figure out a winners tier list and I just cant come up with anything so please enjoy these blobs

Tier 1
Maria
Tiff
Charlie
Kenzie
Ben

Tier 2
Liz
Q
Venus

I just feel like the only thing I'm sure about is that nobody on the jury or in the t1 list respects the game (or just as a person outright) any of the people in t2.

now watch that be the final 3.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STING 64 posted:

getting suspicious of ben's continued narrator edit this deep in...

he's definitely at the back of the pack in terms of being a threat, I could see everyone above him just taking each other out leaving a final four of him, Liz, Q, and Venus

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man this episode was incredible. And Q's cackle at the end of the preview for next week sent me.

The pack is starting to clear up now for rankings after last week

Maria

Charlie

Kenzie
Ben

Liz
Q
Venus

IMO

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubber Chicken posted:

I think more people just like him though. Don't overlook how many jurors over the years just vote for people they actually like and ignore the gameplay spreadsheet

Yeah for me it's this + I think with maria out he has a better case on being able to claim most of the things they did as a pair for himself, since they were so collaborative. But (from what the edit is showing us) she seems clearly in the leadership spot of their duo so if they're both at FTC he's kinda sunk, which is why I put him a full tier below her.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubber Chicken posted:

A minor coincidence.

Only seems odd because if she's WEALTHY why Applebee's specifically

Tradition/comfort trumps money always.

I still eat those 33 cent cup noodle "just add hot water" things even though I don't need to penny pinch like that at all because it just hits the right part of my brain

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like willingly not eating anything that other people are eating for at least two weeks is a lot for something made up.

It doesn't mean that she couldn't be a hypochondriac or exaggerating the severity of intolerances, it's just that it's better to err on the side of caution, and some people do have the bad luck of draw with intolerances.

She mentioned in a confessional that eating those things causes her throat to close up which sounds like an allergic reaction to me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's also worth noting that with gluten you can have an intolerance, an allergy, or celiac disease. They're three completely different animals.

All allergies are like this! I don't eat coconut because it makes my mouth itchy but otherwise has no adverse effects on me. If my brother eats coconut he breaks out in a rash.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubber Chicken posted:

I've never understood claims like this because that's a broad category (not saying you're full of poo poo, genuinely confused)

Arthropods? All of them?
Mollusks? All of them?

What about squid?

They all share a protein (or maybe something else idk) that causes an allergic reaction. I'm the same way. I'm also allergic to tree nuts and it's just all of them. cashews, pistachios, walnuts, etc.

Peanuts (which I am also allergic to lol gently caress me right?) are different than tree nuts because they aren't in the same "family."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Saw Ben perform with his band last night and it was a very enjoyable fever dream

• The venue's just down the street from me, I've been a few times but this was the most packed I'd ever seen it
  • I saw two adult men wearing buffs and at least three people had signs, the only one I was able to read said "RELEASE THE BEN EDIT"
  • It shouldn't surprise me but he was a very good guitarist
  • He made the crowd chant Bhanu's name before playing a song called "Kindness is Hot"
  • He talked about his perfect Survivor bromance before dedicating a song called "Tears on the Beach" to Tim
  • He pulled Austin (S45) on stage to sing backup vocals for a song called "Florida Man" (didn't see any other Survivors there)
  • Dunno if it was the title, but the chorus to another song was "OUTWIT OUTROCK OUTSLAY"
  • At one point the band all laid down and started gurgling about bourbon burgers

A+++++ would absolutely go again, he's playing Philly (Ukie Club, 5/16), NY (Mercury Lounge, 5/23), Orlando (Will's Pub, 5/25) and Fort Lauderdale (Revolution, FL, 6/1) coming up if you want to share in weird nerdery

This rocks