Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lol. fellas, is it gay to clean up after yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
None of us cleaned very much in college but that was okay cause there was always pledges for that :c00l:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
lived in a house where a couple had cats and either didn't have a sense of smell or got off to it because at some point they just moved out of the room into another one and just left the cat poo poo and piss for the next person to clean up.

there was a dude who lived below them who also started to collect neighborhood strays, and the cycle started again, this time with the added mixture of random people he met from a festival couch surfing as long as possible as they amassed a very impressive collection of empty whippets.

another roommate who owned a ferret and, you guessed it, let it poo poo and piss everywhere in his room and never cleaned it to the point that some of the droppings seemed to have fused with the faux hardwood floor.

so in short, toxoplasmosis turns you into a hoarder slob

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 28, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol. fellas, is it gay to clean up after yourself?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

lmao thank you

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I've had all sorts of roommates through the years of renting out a big rear end house for cheap and thankfully I'm done with that now but and most of them were pretty good after I got selective about who I let live there (but yeah typically men don't really clean good lol) and one guy in particular who was a condescending piece of poo poo when I asked "hey can you buy the toilet paper next time" and he said "well i dont really feel like buying toilet paper" so he lived there a short while longer before he moved out. He would also just leave crumbs on the kitchen counter, like wtf how lazy are you. I still get his mail he gets a lot of collection notifications. Enjoy your trash credit, bitch.

Had another guy who only needed a place to live for a 4 months during COVID who was pretty funny, contained his mess to his room but his room looked like a squatter lived there with a mattress on the floor no mattress cover, no furniture, empty pizza box, laptop and a nest of clothes. He also had narcolepsy that would trigger if he got too excited lmao.

The two Frenchmen who lived in the house at separate times were very clean. One Quebecois and one Parisian.

Had one guy who was a pathological liar and just a nightmare of a roommate, it was brutal and when he first moved in he started juicing at like 3 AM. Like a totally normal thing to do after you first move in, juice a poo poo load of carrots at 3 am, why the gently caress not. Thankfully he also self selected to move out after a few months, but it seemed so much longer. He really didn't get along with the Parisian they almost got into a fist fight lmao.

I've got tons of stories about good/bad/funny roomates I'm sure I'll think of more.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

numberoneposter posted:

Had one guy who was a pathological liar and just a nightmare of a roommate, it was brutal and when he first moved in he started juicing at like 3 AM. Like a totally normal thing to do after you first move in, juice a poo poo load of carrots at 3 am, why the gently caress not.

i totally read juicing as like, doing a bunch of steroids. Like, did he get angry afterwards and start punching the walls? my brain thinks of stupid stuff faster than i can read :v:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

hahaha

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol

sadly the opposite experience with my partner and i, how dang hard is it to empty the sink every day and not just leave food out on the cutting board to rot overnight? very hard for some, alas, but we’ve all got our flaws except for me

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I had a roommate who drank so many cans of diet soda but never took them out that it covered every single counter of our kitchen and even started to go up on top of the refrigerator at one point.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also /r/NeckbeardNests is probably the best subreddit of all time

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I never had unclean roommates, just poo poo ones who were loud. I have vicariously heard every sex sound.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Nobody Interesting posted:

I never had unclean roommates, just poo poo ones who were loud. I have vicariously heard every sex sound.

Next time they do that, start loudly jerking off to the sounds.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nobody Interesting posted:

I was that roommate and I didn't know until way after lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Housemates having sex was always whatever to me, it's a thing people do. It was always weird if they tried to gloat after tho, cause it's a house of sexually healthy adults, it isn't exactly a rare occurrence.

Not technically a housemate but when I was living with several others in a big place we had a friend of someone staying with us. A gay man, just for 3O's reference. Dude was a lovely guy, but holy loving poo poo he was a mess.

Coffee cups with a bit of coffee just left laying around, somehow making every cup we had dirty (and there was a lot for a house of four adults), didn't know basics of cleaning or picking up after himself. Just complete disarray and oblivious to any of it.

He was meant to be staying temporarily but I put my foot down and went "yo you need to go back to *your* place" after he talked about moving a computer desk in to "work". He left the next day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I learned that cleaning is great and important to not look poor from one of my roommates, so thanks him

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I appreciated Ron Paul delegate housemate using the recycling bin but when I glanced inside at the neatly stacked paper felt need to warn him about giving identity thieves tutorial mode difficulty by putting all his extra tax, bank, and license documents in a pile. Got a condescending response so didn’t bother refuting his exciting discovery orange juice cures cancer, although did caution against testing out his plan to be pulled over because travelers on the land are immune to laws.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Three Olives posted:

Straight men, our house is always spotless, dishes are immediately put in one of the dishwashers the second we are done with it, the Roomba vacuums and mops the house three days a week and there are always fresh cut flowers in the living room, kitchen and hallway.

bro I can literally tell you how much poop will be in my rear end in a top hat and when like a weather report

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Toxic Mental posted:

I was that roommate and I didn't know until way after lol

You sound like a flock of migrating geese when you cum btw

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Not as much roommate, but ex-wife.

She was notorious for the "never clean and then one day get fed up with it and really angrily clean, while yelling at everyone else to help her clean." Even though me and our roommate, (who was also her best friend) were always cleaning and bumping into each other cleaning. It got to the point that the roommate (again who is her best friend) told me I needed to talk to her to make sure she's cleaning up after herself.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
In my last roommate situation, the one roommate pretty much lived at her boyfriends and they'd only come to our place once a week or so, usually to gently caress loudly. She never changed her sheets and her room got really warm in the sun and by the time we moved out it absolutely reeked of stale vagina juices. Also she stole our VCR and ran up $400 in calls to Miss Cleo before leaving.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Three Olives posted:

Straight men,

:thunk:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

numberoneposter posted:

I've had all sorts of roommates through the years of renting out a big rear end house for cheap and thankfully I'm done with that now but and most of them were pretty good after I got selective about who I let live there (but yeah typically men don't really clean good lol) and one guy in particular who was a condescending piece of poo poo when I asked "hey can you buy the toilet paper next time" and he said "well i dont really feel like buying toilet paper" so he lived there a short while longer before he moved out. He would also just leave crumbs on the kitchen counter, like wtf how lazy are you. I still get his mail he gets a lot of collection notifications. Enjoy your trash credit, bitch.

Had another guy who only needed a place to live for a 4 months during COVID who was pretty funny, contained his mess to his room but his room looked like a squatter lived there with a mattress on the floor no mattress cover, no furniture, empty pizza box, laptop and a nest of clothes. He also had narcolepsy that would trigger if he got too excited lmao.

The two Frenchmen who lived in the house at separate times were very clean. One Quebecois and one Parisian.

Had one guy who was a pathological liar and just a nightmare of a roommate, it was brutal and when he first moved in he started juicing at like 3 AM. Like a totally normal thing to do after you first move in, juice a poo poo load of carrots at 3 am, why the gently caress not. Thankfully he also self selected to move out after a few months, but it seemed so much longer. He really didn't get along with the Parisian they almost got into a fist fight lmao.

I've got tons of stories about good/bad/funny roomates I'm sure I'll think of more.

The juice is loose!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I once had a roommate who had an issue with tossing things out. Like a few steps away from hoarding.

They had meat in the fridge that turned a shade of brown I didn’t know meat *could* turn, so after I pointed it out “hey maybe this has gone bad”…it wasn’t tossed out. So I put it in the trash.

Two days later I noticed the trash was outside the back entrance steps. Not in the trash bin but like the entire trash can outside in the stairwell. The cover was open. I peered in. The meat had dozens of squirming maggots, the stench was unbelievable. This was July, in a rickety triple decker.

They also had a bottle of Bolthouse Farm juice just hanging out in their car for months, unopened…unrefrigerated. The car was a hoardsmobile. That bottle was a ticking rot bomb.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I went to clean under the couch one day (which admittedly I didn't do often, being young and less tidy myself), and found it packed with wadded up paper towels that were covered in what to my discerning eye was dried semen.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

titty_baby_ posted:

At one point in college I just kept all of my dishes in my room because my roommates would use all there dishes then use all mine before cleaning anything

One time I had a housemate who was actually pretty good at cleaning in general but his one weakness was washing dishes, to the extent that one of the kitchen benchtops was permanently piled several feet high with dirty dishes. I always made sure there was a bowl, a plate and a set of utensils which were rinsed but left by the sink as if they were dirty because if I put anything away in the cupboard it'd end up in his pile and I'd have nothing to eat off. There were layers to this pile like the geological layers you'd see in an archaeological dig, the stuff at the bottom must have been there for years. Sometimes he'd bite the bullet and do a whole lot of washing but he'd only ever clear away the top few layers and everything he cleaned would just end up back on the pile pretty soon anyway.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

Straight men, our house is always spotless, dishes are immediately put in one of the dishwashers the second we are done with it, the Roomba vacuums and mops the house three days a week and there are always fresh cut flowers in the living room, kitchen and hallway.

omg please post photos of your weirdly painted cluttery house again lmao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I lived with three girls at university for a year, they did basically no cleaning of the shared spaces. One would peel veg directly into the bin but with no real aim, so she would leave peelings scattered on the floor and surfaces nearby.

Otherwise it's mostly been me while living on my own. Depression + spectrum makes it all invisible.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I had another roommate in the boarding house who would cook bacon every day. The stove was always covered in a layer of grease. He would dump the hot grease into dead potted plants outside on the deck and then rats would scoop it out at night and you'd see their little paw marks. The pots belonged to another roommate and when he told bacon guy to stop dumping bacon grease bacon guy said "where should I dump it then?" And when we suggested a jar he said "what is a pot but a jar without a lid"

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm pretty clean and everyone I've roomed with has been even cleaner than me (am I the bad one?... probably).

I had a friend before and he had like 4 other guys as room mates in a house. The house was the grossest place I'd ever been. Just moldy pizza slices on the floor, garbage everywhere. I don't think there was anything in the whole house that was clean or had ever been cleaned.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

One of my friends in SF lived in a big boarding house and when I visited one of there roommates had gone off the deep end a few months before and was addicted to some sort of stimulant and had trashed the place before being arrested. He had mashed broken glass into the carpet in multiple spots and instead of trying to vacuum it out everyone just wore shoes/sandals inside

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Poohs Packin posted:

omg please post photos of your weirdly painted cluttery house again lmao

:confused:

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Honestly wonder what makes people filth golems or neat. My wife is fastidious about keeping things tidy but her sister is one of the biggest slobs I’ve ever met. Wife can’t pass a ruffled blanket without folding whereas when sister was around she didn’t take out the trash once for a loving year. Had to clean her room recently and I was finding ancient loose oreos and McDonald’s chips in between stacks of clothing and random junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my work desk is tidy and my files reasonably well organized

my posting/gaming chamber could be described as "chaotic"