Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

There was a pretty good study released in either Feb or March I think which shows that almost uniformly everyone says the decade when they were in their 20's to 30's is the 'best' decade.

OwlFancier posted:

"when I was a child and not rapidly falling to bits and everyone I know is dying of old age"
Oh my god that makes so much sense. That and the fact that a lot of the people like the Freds are in their 60s or 70s but think they are essentially still in their 30s.

Best decade for me mentally was my 30s, best physically was my 20s but my god I should have taken more breaks while gaming. Young people, please take regular breaks and don't end up like me, a sad old man who wants to play Baldur's Gate 3 all day but can only manage an hour or 2 before having to steep my hands in hot water.

E: 215 is the number of tubes of voltarol I go through in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I don't enjoy the physical side of getting older, or like, parents dying off, that kind of thing. But I fuckin love being older apart from that. I'm 46 this year and it's loving great. I feel like I finally have a bit of gravitas, an actual voice to be heard. I've lost a lot of weird insecurities and the desperate need to be liked, and I'm finally getting to an age where people will stop asking me if I'm going to get married and have kids and do the 'usual' life poo poo. Some of this is probably because of ADHD-autism diagnoses in recent years but some of it is just because being this age is awesome.

This is probably not as acute for masc-presenting people, I dunno, I wouldn't have a way to tell. But I feel like I am an adult and like other people see me as an adult and that took a while. Admittedly I look younger than I am which probably wasn't helping.