Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Gully Foyle posted:

There's like no way that Fox doesn't have a public humiliation fetish, right?

I don't think he has one, certainly not in the same way that Truss and Gove has. I think he genuinely believes he's incredibly intelligent and talented, and he seems to effortlessly put the blame to his failures on others. Add to this mixture his cocaine fuelled ego, his nepobaby instilled sense of entitlement and horrible lovely views, and the result is Fox.

I'm enjoying watching his life collapse around him as much as I enjoyed watching Linehan's implode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

WoooooooohoOOOOOOOO DIRECTION ACTION GETS THE GOODS

On Fox, I think he just imagines himself to be far, far more popular than he is. The truth is, 90% of people have no idea who he is.

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 28, 2024

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Fumble posted:

Loza gets his loving head smahed in for hording coke iirc

But what about the film.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Laurence Fox: My ex wife is bleeding me dry, I am just a small bean working class actor who cannot afford the ludicrous alimony payments she asks of me.

Also Laurence Fox: Watch me sue every man woman and public body on this island, don't worry my parents are loaded so I'm good for it. Here's a casual 25k for a vanity run at london mayor. Wheee!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also Laurence Fox: Watch me casual 25k worth of coke

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Living the dream

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I want to buy a Cameo of Farage saying "I will not be bought!"

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Is the problem that Farage would command a higher fee to be bought, thereby embarrassing every Tory who sold out for much less?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

send galloway

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

kingturnip posted:

Is the problem that Farage would command a higher fee to be bought, thereby embarrassing every Tory who sold out for much less?

Farage is an extremely shrewd politician who understands very well that you don't need to get elected to achieve your political goals and that aligning himself with a mainstream party would instantly kill his image and credibility.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1773396220439871803

:toot:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1773416486750548418

lol

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 28, 2024

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
His whole political career has revolved around keeping a careful distance from the mainstream and using that to apply leverage and push the established parties in his preferred direction. I don't like the guy or his politics but he's arguably the most successful UK politician of the 21st century.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

you love nigel you do

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's tru tho :colbert:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Microplastics posted:

I want to buy a Cameo of Farage saying "I will not be bought!"

I’m not really sure I’m really interested in “shaming” Farage through giving him money to say silly bollocks, even if he does end up saying it.

Hearing him say “Up the Ra!” left me feeling pitiably unsatisfied.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pistol_Pete posted:

His whole political career has revolved around keeping a careful distance from the mainstream and using that to apply leverage and push the established parties in his preferred direction. I don't like the guy or his politics but he's arguably the most successful UK politician of the 21st century.

this post was fun to read directly below one about more Laurence Fox antics

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Pistol_Pete posted:

How can you say that when Gorgeous George roams the corridors of power once more?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That's the thing about Galloway, as soon as you let him into the halls of power he wants to be back out again.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lmao

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Gully Foyle posted:

There's like no way that Fox doesn't have a public humiliation fetish, right? I'm sure that Khan is so frightened of someone who got 1.9% (all of which would certainly be coming from people who would never vote for Khan anyways) that they would conspire to make his totally awesome paperwork invalid.

He's a private-school Tory bellend and is now desperate because his acting jobs have dried up. He got a twitter following and a profile form his acting career and is taking the path of least resistance by doing the right-wing grift thing. I think he's just taking the easiest path, I don't think he enjoys losing at everything.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i guess you need to be smart enough at that though to thread the needle of being interesting and controversial without saying things that get you sued out of existence every other tweetX

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

He's a private-school Tory bellend and is now desperate because his acting jobs have dried up. He got a twitter following and a profile form his acting career and is taking the path of least resistance by doing the right-wing grift thing. I think he's just taking the easiest path, I don't think he enjoys losing at everything.
He didn't even need to do the right wing grift . As an actor he was Fine. Nothing special, but he could do a job and he was getting regular work. He could have just had a career being one of those actors where you go "oh its that guy from the other ITV thing" but he went another direction. Pretty sure it started with an embarrassing appearance on QT but thinking back on it I wonder why he was brought on in the first place.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Cannot belive Farage here was never soy-face memed, begging for it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

All this money going out of my account? Those are just victory donations

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

With all the things that Laurence Fox is terrible at doing, many people forget about his terribly short-lived music career. His establishment connections got him live radio and tv slots...
https://twitter.com/KeithMullin/status/1484840421377380353

The full version of that famous Jeremy Vine video seems to be removed from twitter, but I found a BBC5 snippet
https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1217488499571601408

e: I found the full Jeremy Vine performance on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkvtHwSyM4

I always notice the pained expressions of the poor session musicians that accompanied him. I've done similar paid gigs with equally talentless nepobaby cunts with establishment connections, and it's loving soul destroying.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Since I’m going to the UK to fiddle on a hot tin roof, I got looking to see if I had any £ floating around from previous trips. I found this instead:

Can I even exchange this at a bank as a filthy foreigner? Or should I use it for an art project, like burning it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChickenDoodle posted:

Since I’m going to the UK to fiddle on a hot tin roof, I got looking to see if I had any £ floating around from previous trips. I found this instead:

Can I even exchange this at a bank as a filthy foreigner? Or should I use it for an art project, like burning it?

So apparently paper notes are no longer legal tender, as of 2022. Except the £1. And £100, if you have one. There is a way to exchange them with the bank but it'd probably be a pain in the arse if you're just visiting.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Please do not burn the objectively pretty Scottish poonds (the other banks had better ones though).

Lo these many years ago, when I was living in Prague a few years after the velvet revolution, I got a card from my mum on my birthday. The envelope looked fine, but there was an odd print of coloured ink on the inside of the card. Gave her a call, and of course she'd sent me cold hard cash. We'd told her not to, but mothers hear only what they want to.

Joke was on Fingers McPostie, it was Scottish money and completely useless and unexchangeable in Europe.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Scottish money chat:

Take them into a bank and see if they'll change them for you.
Not sure if they will but some banks are also funny about changing money for non-customers so if you're staying with or meeting up with a friend, maybe they could try in their bank if you don't manage to.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I love how nowadays you put national heroes or heads of state on currency and the royal bank of scotland just put the guy who founded the bank on all the notes. and some castles. i miss those old £1 notes though, when millenials get whatever our version of brexit is to reclaim the great glory days we pretend happened then i'm sure they'll bring them back for no good reason.

fuctifino posted:

The full version of that famous Jeremy Vine video seems to be removed from twitter, but I found a BBC5 snippet

this minute is painful enough I don't know if I could handle the whole thing.

drat man... evil triumphs when good people do nothing. what an original thought you came up with yourself that you had to write a song about with such inspiring lyricism. and that's no... lie

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Superb. No notes. Except the community one

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ChickenDoodle posted:

Depends where in the UK you are going.

I had some old money and I could get it exchanged with no cost when I went to one of the big Banks of Scotland on the main street in Glasgow.

You should be able to do something similar

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

With all the things that Laurence Fox is terrible at doing, many people forget about his terribly short-lived music career. His establishment connections got him live radio and tv slots...
https://twitter.com/KeithMullin/status/1484840421377380353

e: I found the full Jeremy Vine performance on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkvtHwSyM4

I always notice the pained expressions of the poor session musicians that accompanied him. I've done similar paid gigs with equally talentless nepobaby cunts with establishment connections, and it's loving soul destroying.

LOL :laugh:

hooooly poo poo

when was this?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
any busker anywhere in the country would get heckled away for that

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"A Grief Observed" is possibly a funnier title than "Can I Borrow A Feeling?"

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68692007

BBC posted:

A 61-year-old man has been charged in relation to non-recent sexual offences, the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) has said.

A 57-year-old woman was also arrested and charged at the time for aiding and abetting additional offences.

Both are due to appear before Newry Magistrates' Court on 24 April.

They were both arrested on Thursday. The PSNI said: "As is usual procedure, all charges will be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service".

In unrelated news Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, 61, leader of the DUP, deleted his website and all social media accounts on Thursday.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68692007

In unrelated news Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, 61, leader of the DUP, deleted his website and all social media accounts on Thursday.

It appears as though his wife is being charged for aiding and abetting too

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/husband-wife-co-down-charged-28907532

quote:

A husband and wife from Co Down have been charged with a series of historical sexual offences against two children.

The 61-year old male was arrested at his home alongside his wife around 6am on Thursday, March, 28.

The pair were transported to the Antrim Custody suite for interview.

Both are facing allegations of serious historical sexual offences.

The male is facing one charge of rape and has been accused of a number of other sexual offences, including historical gross indecency.

His wife is facing a number of charges relating to the alleged offences faced by her husband.

Both were interviewed separately at intervals throughout the day in Antrim and were 28-day charged. They were released shortly after 10pm.

The pair are expected to appear in court on Thursday, April 25.

I guess they won't be publicly named until the court date?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 29, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guess we know what the P in DUP really stands for then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Horrible that such a crime took place at all, but this couldn't have happened to a bigger oval office