Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

crispix posted:

you can't Constanza a threadban :/

queued something for many many violations of a well-deserved threadban but if that doesn't go through in the next three hours feel free to issue the next placeholder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Coincidentally I’ve found the little hate for Disco Elysium online often revolves around the ultra liberal/authoritarianism/enlightened centrist paths in the game by people who were excited by and identified with the options only to quickly realise the creators think anyone with those views are loving morons and deserve ridicule.

Which would parse in this case.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao remembering that one post “I picked all the centrist options but the game called me a fascist” :cry:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

There’s only one game if you truly love democracy and that’s Helldivers

grobbo
May 29, 2014
*points at the game written by depressed Estonians grieving for the failed dream of communism*

libs

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

smellmycheese posted:

lol no. Those kind of horse racing events are basically a football derby with the cunts dressed up in suits for the day and their girlfriends along. They are awful.

Yeah, I've been dragged to one of two for work events, and it's not as refined as it's made it to be on TV. It's full of the type of folk you'd expect to habitually see pissed in a bookies, except they've (mostly) got nice looking clothes instead of polo shirts.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 17, 2024

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Apraxin posted:

MP discovers the concept of 'crime'

My friend does not stop talking about how Jake Berry used to sell him weed at university.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

My friend does not stop talking about how Jake Berry used to sell him weed at university.

Definitely bringing this up next time his Tory constituents keep telling me what a good local MP he is ( because they hate weed like the Tories that they are)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"We have to do something about disposable vapes, but not about nice cigarettes, which people will just get anyway, like cocaine." is a very boutique set of energies.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Tory Government acting illegally shocker...

https://twitter.com/WildJustice_org/status/1780131832928821286

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Defra Gamebird will pay for handing out these dodgy licenses.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Tesseraction posted:

Defra Gamebird will pay for handing out these dodgy licenses.

That's Defra Gamebird CBE to you

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

"We have to do something about disposable vapes, but not about nice cigarettes, which people will just get anyway, like cocaine." is a very boutique set of energies.

In the heady world of Westminster I'd imagine it is probably easier to score a bag of toot than walk out and up to the Tesco at the tube and buy a vape

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The illegality of cocaine decreases the closer you are in proximity to the city.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Working in a very protected part of the country I’ve always been completely outraged at the sheer volume of game birds estates are allowed to release despite being adjacent to, or frequently a part of, designated areas. The birds immediately leave the estate to areas they can’t get shot and compete with our actually native and frequently struggling species.

This is confirmation of the sort of crap people in the area assumed was going on, which is nice to have at least.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Working in a very protected part of the country I’ve always been completely outraged at the sheer volume of game birds estates are allowed to release despite being adjacent to, or frequently a part of, designated areas. The birds immediately leave the estate to areas they can’t get shot and compete with our actually native and frequently struggling species.

This is confirmation of the sort of crap people in the area assumed was going on, which is nice to have at least.

Sounds like a problem solved with careful application of hungry cats.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I know we have a number of Space Marine painting enjoyers in this thread. I regret to inform you the Daily Mail has discovered your woke hobby

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Link here - it’s a lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13313535/Wokehammer-gender-row-Games-Workshop-fans-army-squadron.html

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Games Wokeshop, time for gamers to rise up against this affront to their masculinity.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1780533945546756134?t=Kcmpij9tOlI91DEShCqSvg&s=19

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Genuinely pathetic to see these papers contort themselves to give a poo poo about *checks notes* tabletop gaming.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I am so tired of culture wars. So very, very tired. I never want to hear the word "woke" ever again and I want all the people who try and profit from whining over anything uncontroversial to be tossed into the oubliette immediately.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

I know HK repeats this schtick a lot but unfortunately it never stops making me laugh, good on him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Great news everyone! :toot:

https://twitter.com/GullisJonathan/status/1780491340029005913

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

just keep taking derivatives until the numbers pass the vibe check

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I just reply to everything he posts with the seagull picture

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

grobbo posted:

I know HK repeats this schtick a lot but unfortunately it never stops making me laugh, good on him.

My favourite is him recalling him doing the shahada joke when Boris was in the hospital and people furiously demanding to know which hospital he worked at and his followers have a running gag about Tommy Robinson where they pretend that any institution is called St Tommy's.

So a few days later a senior doctor at St Thomas's Educational Hospital calls him up and is like, "look, I know it's obviously a joke but could you please take your tweet down because we keep getting hundreds of death threats a day."

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
This was always on the cards since the daily mail discovered Furries last year.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
just last year? can’t believe they never saw the seminal csi episode fur and loathing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

I know we have a number of Space Marine painting enjoyers in this thread. I regret to inform you the Daily Mail has discovered your woke hobby

Oh no, they changed part of the treasured lore of 40k, truly an unprecedented development. Cannot believe they'd retcon something so prescious

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Conservatives : Sticking with the plan*

*the plan is doing nothing and hoping that the problem goes away or people start talking about something else.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

mediaphage posted:

just last year? can’t believe they never saw the seminal csi episode fur and loathing

Just last year, new trend sweeping schools turning the kids gay.

They'll do an article on the arch linux to femboy pipeline next.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What are Nurgle's pronouns?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nenonen posted:

"Yes"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nenonen posted:

Pee/Poo

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Well it's often 'Father Nurgle' so I guess even if we don't know pronouns, you know that you can call them Daddy at least.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mailhammer 40,000
In the ten genders of the different future, there is only woke.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
HANDS OFF OUR (EMPEROR'S) CHILDREN, SLAANESH: Our shocking report on how Games Wokeshop has been corrupting Britons for the past 41 years with an impossibly sexy nonbinary dark god of sex, partying, and rock music

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's amazing that in a world full of dark gods, mind melting chaos, working class fungi with guncars, spaceships full of skeletons that want to make you undead, robotic corpse bathtubs, hive aliens, and a bunch of even weirder poo poo, the one thing that the Mail finds to be terrified of is "and there were some women. not sexy ones, they were just there, working."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Pretty sure all those complaining about the NatCs being closed down in Brussels didn't raise the mildest whisper when the German police forcefully shut down the Palestine Conference in Berlin last weekend.