Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Today is the anniversary of my first pet dying so St George can eat poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tesseraction posted:

Today is the anniversary of my first pet dying so St George can eat poo poo.

... a dragon?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Private Speech posted:

A380s nowadays are in demand since air travel picked up again and they aren't making any more of them after they shut down production during covid.

got to imagine the fear and chaos surrounding boeing right now probably helps too

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

... a dragon?

Just a cat, but he slept like a dragon in gold.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

smellmycheese posted:

This is actually real

I only celebrate bank holidays sorry. Like May Day.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Perfect. No notes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I demand to speak to Lenny Henry!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

This is actually real

"... and if you don't like that you know where the door is", piped up the Minister for Telling it Like it is :nyd:

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
Starting the day off the right way, with a full English and a steaming glass of piss

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I was trying to figure out what was in that glass.

Starting my day off with a nice cup of milky tea and 1½ gills of whiskey before posting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gideon Falters had a bit of a roasting on the media tour this morning. Seems his story is crumbling very publicly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's fresh apple juice. My favourite morning hotel drink.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

When I saw that glass, I instantly thought of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3LduV4-tg

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
tried to think of an appropriate comment to post along with this image, but no, can't come up with anything printable

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Gideon Falters had a bit of a roasting on the media tour this morning. Seems his story is crumbling very publicly.

Hasbara is difficult these days now they have to rely on the intellectual equivalent of starvation rations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apraxin posted:

tried to think of an appropriate comment to post along with this image, but no, can't come up with anything printable

*single tear* if only they could have been sent to die of neglect in Africa

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I just ordered a salmon and cream cheese bagel and they stuck the whole thing in the grill, so I now have a cooked salmon and hot cream cheese bagel. I feel like this has to be some sort of cultural war crime.

I'm still eating it cos it's delicious but that isn't how you do it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

*single tear* if only they could have been sent to die of neglect in Africa

Exactly, we only want tragedy where we can't see it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Perfect. No notes

i’ve only bothered with a full english once and it was at heathrow so i’m not sure it counts

but all i can think about is that chewy limp bacon flopped over top and now unpleasant it would be to eat

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

How many of the 50,000 "illegal immigrants" a year do they plan on packing into these planes? Or did some Tory just set up their own airline?

A 737 can carry 161 passengers, call it 150 prisoners after you add some guards. Thats 333 planes - pretty much one a day.

I know they hope that this is supposed to be a stick to dissuade people, but it's all performative madness.

Of course its all madness, but the numbers of people is a drop in the bucket compared to your average number of travellers going to/from the UK. Heathrow alone handles something between 60 and 80 million travelers each year, close to 200,000 per day on average. One flight more per day is nothing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

mediaphage posted:

i’ve only bothered with a full english once and it was at heathrow so i’m not sure it counts

but all i can think about is that chewy limp bacon flopped over top and now unpleasant it would be to eat

The carbonised micropenis sausage is a nice touch too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

The carbonised micropenis sausage is a nice touch too

how dare you criticize Are Cultural History

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gully Foyle posted:

Of course its all madness, but the numbers of people is a drop in the bucket compared to your average number of travellers going to/from the UK. Heathrow alone handles something between 60 and 80 million travelers each year, close to 200,000 per day on average. One flight more per day is nothing.

Traditionally, the flights going through Heathrow are made up of people who want to be on the aeroplane*.

These Air Rwanda flights require more resources as you are sticking people on those planes who really don't want to be there, and might do anything to stop the plane from flying.

*= Sure, some people might be dresding going on a flight and not being able to smoke for 2 to 3 hours, but overall they will willingly enter the plane.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The St George’s Day Festivities are going well I see…

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1782759376240955533?s=46

For non Twitter enjoyers : a bunch of gammons draped in flags are fighting the cops in Whitehall

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That idiot at the end who appears to hit the horse with an umbrella is very lucky the horse kept its composure. What a stellar display of patriotism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Getting lairy and having a bust up with the cops is very much in the spirit of england.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I can already see the headlines about “why are our glorious patriots who just want to get pissed and fight cops being treated differently to people who want to peacefully march down a street to protest against flagrant genocide”. I give it 2 hours tops before we get one.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Paladinus posted:

It's fresh apple juice. My favourite morning hotel drink.

My favourite is when they have both cranberry juice and orange juice on offer and you can combine them like a breakfast alchemist

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

smellmycheese posted:

For non Twitter enjoyers : a bunch of gammons draped in flags are fighting the cops in Whitehall

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you're English (and fighting a horse)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

carbonised micropenis

sebzilla posted:

breakfast alchemist
Both pro forums names.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Both pro forums names.

Feel free to change mine

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

If I tried to walk across that road draped in an Irish flag and balaclava would I be allowed?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

notaspy posted:

If I tried to walk across that road draped in an Irish flag and balaclava would I be allowed?

Probably not irrespective of whether or not the england flag guys were there tbh :v:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sebzilla posted:

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you're English (and fighting a horse)

Today’s Telegraph…

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 23, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, they have to meet in secluded places in the dead of night and recite the password, only then can they read the forbidden works; Shakespeare, Chaucer, Wordsworth, Blake. Each moment spent in perpetual fear of being brought to the attention of The Bishop That Woketh. All children at school are handed an 'English knot' and beaten if they speak anything but Tagalog. Anglicanism is banned. This article is written in Cherokee.

What the gently caress are these people taking?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

There are some absolutely choice nuggets in the drivel he’s pissed out for the telegraph

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

smellmycheese posted:

Today’s Telegraph…

One of the few good laws passed by this government, I'll grant them that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I know there's centuries of intermingling but it's very funny to see someone with an Irish surname crying about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

I know there's centuries of intermingling but it's very funny to see someone with an Irish surname crying about that.

He addresses that in the piece