Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Following on from my post above:

crispix posted:

country didn't go anywhere

you're making it loving miserable to be in :mad:

Another irony in the "Just want my country back!" sort of Toryism is that an Old Labour/Corbyn-esque platform of social democracy is actually far more likely to end up returning (not RETVRNING...) the country to the sort of socio-economic form that it was 'back in the good old days'.

Of course, a loony-lefty future Britain with nationalised services and infrastructure, effective and equitable public services, decent public transport, lower inequality, effective municipal government, improved worker rights, more secure jobs, renewed national manufacturing, better housing availability etc. etc. etc. would still have people in it who weren't white, straight and cis and who would get to enjoy all this on equal terms with everyone else, and that's really what Anderson etc. mean when they pine for the good old days. Not the post-war consensus.

E: HMS P222 was an S-Class submarine that was lost in the Mediterranean during WW2 before a name could be assigned to it.

BalloonFish fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tilda! TILDA!!

THE loving THIRTY PENCE MAN JUST KNOCKED ON THE DOOR. I FROZE WHEN I REALISED IT WAS HIM AND ONLY MANAGED TO SHUFFLE FORWARDS IN TIME FOR THE PISS RUNNING DOWN MY LEG TO DRIBBLE ONTO THE FRONT STEP

GET SCRUBBING BEFORE IT SUMMONS THAT WILLY WRAGG oval office AGAIN

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

More importantly Lee wants that back because it's someone else doing the scrubbing.

He even says it's what the poors used to do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So are Norman and Tilda married or is this some kind of scandalous affair...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tilda's husband is clearly anti-Tory while Norman's wife is clearly a regressive :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think tilda is the neighbour of mrs norman.

They are also incidentally having an affair.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
NO, STOP IT :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Norman Postmatic Universe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't wait for the extended Mrs Norman Cinematic Universe

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if anyone's curious as to why the name is norman, it originated from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3N6b0jOIHU :)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Give me back my country

you are a dog

it doesn't even fit

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Which one of those doors was his mates he called up before filming talking to him and his mate saying he used to vote Labour but will vote Tory this time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

if anyone's curious as to why the name is norman, it originated from this
Gis are country back, Thorman

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Give me back my country

you are a dog

it doesn't even fit

:nice:

Vitamin R
Apr 28, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
-snip-

You are threadbanned, and I am not going to let you bypass that by simply registering new accounts to annoy people one post at a time. Anything you post in here will be deleted and you will be probated. Find people who want to have a conversation with you, those people are not here and this is not that place. - Owlfancier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 29, 2024

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

He wants his country back!

BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

More Reform pledges
- Bring back the old Coronation Street intro with the cat.
- All chippies to wrap fish and chips in Sun Newspaper pages.
- Samantha Fox to get her tits out again.
- Street protesting/violence only allowed if its two guys in their 50s wearing flat caps, white shirts rolled upto elbows, and a whippet nearby.
- Bins to be reverted back to the metal circular ones.
- Lucozade can only be bought in chemists again.
- Condoms can only be bought from barbers.
- Borstals brought back and mandatory for all kids not working 18 hour shifts.
- Blitz air raid sirens to sound every 3 hours 24/7 to honor are troops.
- An AI hologram of Bernard Manning to host the relaunch of The Comedians.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron-accused-acting-like-32688296

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: David Cameron accused of acting 'like a Kardashian sister' as he hires £42million VIP plane

The Foreign Secretary chartered an Embraer Lineage 1000 - described as 'one of the best luxury private jets money can buy' - for a diplomatic jaunt around Central Asia

David Cameron has been accused of swanning around the world like a “Kardashian sister” by hiring a £42million VIP plane.

The Foreign Secretary chartered an aircraft described as “one of the best luxury private jets money can buy” for a five-day diplomatic jaunt around Central Asia. The Embraer Lineage 1000 has its own dining table where meals can be served, as well as a separate relaxation zone with extra-long sofas. It can sleep up to nine passengers.

Union Aviation, the charter firm that operates the jet, boasts on its website that a sommelier helps pick the onboard wine selection and that it provides a food menu suitable for “the most demanding passengers”.

Lord Cameron made stops in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia during his tour last week. The Government said he wanted to “increase engagement with this pivotal region”.

Last year, his predecessor James Cleverly racked up a bill of £422,747 when he used the same type of plane for a week-long tour of the Caribbean and Latin America.

I hate these cunts so much.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Vitamin R posted:

-snip-

You are threadbanned, and I am not going to let you bypass that by simply registering new accounts to annoy people one post at a time. Anything you post in here will be deleted and you will be probated. Find people who want to have a conversation with you, those people are not here and this is not that place. - Owlfancier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

More Reform pledges
- Bring back the old Coronation Street intro with the cat.
- All chippies to wrap fish and chips in Sun Newspaper pages.
- Samantha Fox to get her tits out again.
- Street protesting/violence only allowed if its two guys in their 50s wearing flat caps, white shirts rolled upto elbows, and a whippet nearby.
- Bins to be reverted back to the metal circular ones.
- Lucozade can only be bought in chemists again.
- Condoms can only be bought from barbers.
- Borstals brought back and mandatory for all kids not working 18 hour shifts.
- Blitz air raid sirens to sound every 3 hours 24/7 to honor are troops.
- An AI hologram of Bernard Manning to host the relaunch of The Comedians.

- Make Walkers put the crisp packet colours back the 'right way round'.

(I know they've always been the way they are now, but people think they used to be different due to hazy childhood memories and mushed-up pop-culture nostalgia. It's the perfect Reform policy to make reality match that rather than accept it's not true).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Maybe that was just some other guy called Vitamin R

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Imagine registering a new account just to evade a threadban and post in the UKMT, and still be committed enough to your posting brand to use a similar username

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Failed Imagineer posted:

Maybe that was just some other guy called Vitamin R

I started to reply to this with a Simpsons gif, then realised how old that made me and just felt depressed instead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

I started to reply to this with a Simpsons gif, then realised how old that made me and just felt depressed instead.

It's ok, I can autoplay that specific scene in my head instead

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Pistol_Pete posted:

How about a family guy reference instead?

It's only 8 years old

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That episode is 23 years old.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Microplastics posted:

How about a family guy reference instead?

It's only 8 years old

That scenes looks like it's from season 1 or possibly season 2 of Family Guy.

Which would make it about 21-25 years old.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Trap sprung :smug:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
(actually it wasn't a trap, I just did a terrible Google and took the first number I saw as the answer)

(and now I feel old, 23 years goddamn)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

would be highly eccentric behaviour for a young person to post here

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Now we're going to spend hours running around the school grounds looking for a Vitamin Q that doesn't exist.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Now we're going to spend hours running around the school grounds looking for a Vitamin Q that doesn't exist.

Multiple personalities doesn't guarantee good posting. :shrug:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apropos of nothing just remembered "Stonger Together" and burst out laughing in public like a maniac.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Talking of felling old I regularly look up the definition of when generations start and end. This is usually displayed using years e.g. 1980-2000. I have always found this loving annoying so I finally asked the internet to show me the generations by age, which it did. The oldest zoomers are now 25, a fact that almost made me feel old but instead made me feel hopeful. That means they are very much a part of the work force and society which means they are also allies in the fight to overcome the loving boomers and hopefully the Xers (now there is a waste of space generation)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction posted:

Apropos of nothing just remembered "Stonger Together" and burst out laughing in public like a maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSZQHMiqzDM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

:tinfoil:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guess Vitamin P took the probation badly https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-london-68926446

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Galloway on LBC this morning claiming there are imminent defections (councillors, MPs and a Lord) from Labour to whatever his current grift-vehicle is called. This week or the next.

I'll believe it when I see it (and maybe not even then.)

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Galloway on LBC this morning claiming there are imminent defections (councillors, MPs and a Lord) from Labour to whatever his current grift-vehicle is called. This week or the next.

I'll believe it when I see it (and maybe not even then.)

More like those guys have worked out they can get a free slap-up meal on Galloway's expenses, all they have to do is be a nodding dog to his bullshit.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

notaspy posted:

.. Xers (now there is a waste of space generation)

:fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

As a millennial, I’ve been eating avocado toast like a maniac since the media let their guard down about it 👹